Lets Play What's on Your Frame

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my Rumbleford bag on my Millie. It has Peltex for the batting to add stiffness. Most of the quilting is done in the ditch except for feathers in the side panels of turquoise, something resembling butterflies in the dark part of the left block, and haven't done the quilting in the near block. Also will add some quilting to the light areas.

The raised brown portion is Texture Magic which was heat bonded to the Peltex and I'll just stitch through it when I turn down the header around the top of the bag. Will need to resteam the Texture Magic areas to freshen the puffiness that was a bit flattened during heat bonding. There is a thin layer of batting between the TM and the brown batik to keep the puffs stuffed.

My DH spray painted the grommets for the four-colored woven cording that makes handles. I also made another block into a zippered purse for the inside and will be attached to the tote when I sew the header. Seems I always can't make something like the directions and choose to modify it to my sizes and ideas.

Seeing the seashells in one of the pictures, reinforced the idea that I need to do some seashells on a wholecloth. Thanks Sylvia.

Vicki

post--13461904190314_thumb.jpg

Joy, it is a centering tape that was a gift so I'm not sure where it was purchased. It has little pink plastic diamonds that the tape goes through and you can move them to line up with seams to help you keep the quilt square. I think that Columbia River, or Kingsmen would have it. Anywhere there are longarm supplies. I hope that helps.

I sort of have 2 things on my machine right now. I had a queen size quilt our guild made on there, then my Econozoid came and I wanted to practice using it. So, I zipped off the top edge of the quilt and zipped on the practice piece ! Love those zippers ! Today, I think the quilt will go back on and I will have a go at feather wreaths in the open blocks.

I got one of the center tapes through - http://stores.longarmconnection.com/StoreFront.bok - The Quilting Connection. It doesn't have the pink diamonds on it, but I used double faced tape and put mine on the leveler bar. It helps me to keep the quilt rolling up evenly.

This quilt I'm working on now, is partly BOM which I didn't get all of, so added orphan blocks and a couple from a friend.

It is fun to think up different things for each block or part there-of.

WHAT is this telling me. I've NOT a clue..

MySQL has encountered an unknown error. To find out the exact problem, please set the DEBUG flag to true in config.php.

Ritar

Originally posted by RitaR

One last try. have been trying since3 yesterday morning.

rita - once i was having trouble getting a picture to post and it was because i had an apostrophe in the file name. i dont think you can have anything but letters and numbers in the file name ~ no punctuation marks. just a suggestion. :)

Originally posted by meg

Originally posted by RitaR

One last try. have been trying since3 yesterday morning.

rita - once i was having trouble getting a picture to post and it was because i had an apostrophe in the file name. i dont think you can have anything but letters and numbers in the file name ~ no punctuation marks. just a suggestion. :)

Or the file is to large...that throws things as well.

I had to read the title over 3 or 4 times before I finally saw the comma. It's the punctuation in me! Thanks, ladies.

This is the sampler of a BOM I didn't get all the blocks of, and a few orphan blocks from a friend and a couple of mine.. other than the BOM.

RitaR

post--13461904193487_thumb.jpg

pretty rita - it'll pop when you quilt it.

is that a full float of your top?

i have wondered what a full float was. i was taught to do a partial float so thats all i have ever done.

do you like the full float?

less pins is always good - i am always sticking myself with the darn pins!!

Thanks Bonnie for the info...........looks like" Mary Poppin's" bag ......love it. This will go on my list for a weekend project.

Rita your quilt is beautifiul, like to see pictures when it is quilted.

Joy....most quilt shops carry the centering tape.....Joann Fabric also.

Dory love your quilting I think it looks great.

Salvia love your shell pattern, must remember that for my Maine quilt.

Archived