Enjoy the Memorial Day Holiday Weekend!

Memorial Day marks the kickoff of summer for me! The end of school, walks in the park, picnics, a visit to the pool...and APQS has decided to let us start celebrating the hot days of summer by closing the office doors today at 2 p.m. CST. If you have a quilting emergency between 2 p.m. today and 8 a.m. Tuesday, June 1, please feel free to e-mail me at heidi@apqs.com or call my cell phone at 641-751-3395. Otherwise get out your flip-flops and sunscreen...and be sure not to burn the marshmellows when you're making smores.

Heidi Kaisand

APQS

LOL Kristina...our Memorial Day weekend officially started here in Elko this morning with snow!!! And not just a flake or two! But that is usually the way it is here in the high desert.

Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend, no matter what the weather! Me, I'm QUILTING!!

SNOW...really??? It's 91 degrees here and can't imagine snow on Memorial Day weekend EVER!

Heidi, hope your phone doesn't ring and no "work" e-mails come your way, but it's nice to know there's a company that cares enough to be there if/when we need them even on holidays. Kuddos to APQS!

I'm quilting, too, until my aunt's quilt is done...she's coming to Kansas tonight!

We're having warm temperatures here that reached up to 80 degrees yesterday and today. Afternoon thundershowers and lightning strikes are starting wildfires breaking out and we could use some of your rain or snow down there in the L48 right about now. We need a good ground soaker. Send it up please. :)

Heidi thanks for your offer to help if needed. You rock.

Everyone enjoy a nice Memorial Day weekend. :cool: And while relaxing with family and friends, take time to ponder and pray for our troops who have been injured or died and those the ground fighting for our security right now.

88º here today and I have the AC on. My SIL, Mom and I are going out pretty soon to take flowers to the graves of family members around. We will stop for a bite to eat along the way. Should be a pleasant evening.

SNOW ???? YUCK. We had more than enough snow over last winter to last me a good long time. Although getting snowed in with my quilting projects isn't all bad - as long as we don't lose the power too!

Have a great weekend ! :cool:

Sorry you all are still having snow. I already have a nice tan and we spent the day today in the pool. We will pool Sat., Sun, Mon and will cook out also. Love, love the spring and early summer when the water seems fresh and cool. By August it is almost too hot to even get in the pool. We have a "water fall" if you can call it that, that helps cool the pool but still just soooooo hot here. Flip flops? I have them in every color! Have a great weekend, everybody no matter the weather!:cool::cool::cool:

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

:cool: And while relaxing with family and friends, take time to ponder and pray for our troops who have been injured or died and those the ground fighting for our security right now.

Thanks for the reminder, Shana! I, for one, am very thankful for our troops...my son is in the Navy. ;)

My mom and dad are both buried at the National Cemetary here in Wa State. It is the most beautiful thing i've ever seen when they have flags at every grave and they have a long road that is lined with huge flags and at the end there's a flagpole with a huge flag on it. I will be up there early Monday morning with flowers for their graves and to say a special thanks to those who gave theri lives for us to be free. God only knows how long we will be that way. . . .

Carreen

Archived