One for the fair Maybe?

I should have known not to use white batting in this one. Just glad the lady that made it sent me 2. So now will run to get black batting for the second one. Although we are a small town and was going to enter this one in the county fair(first prize is only $5), hate for someone to see the back of it. Pilling occurs when you use white???yes..:P

Live and learn. So here is the front of it:

still haven't figured out how to post 2 pixs at one time so here is the back of it:I used YLI kind of gold silver thread on all of it but the background used blue thread on it. All freehand work. Thanks to Darelene Epp and her books I received used the what I think looks like geo design in the border of this one. Took me 3 days to do...oh my poor old eyes felt like they were wiggling the whole time..hehe But had a blast doing it.

Will have to show you the other when i get it done.

Love this. What fun.

Suggestion on the bearding if I understand your batting popped thru in some places. Can't tell by the photo.

Sometimes just simply poking it with a fat tip embroidery needle will get the batting back in at least on any that appear large.. Just a suggestion you might try.

What a stunning job you did on the quilting! Are those little circles in the horses?!! They made great texture, and must have taken a long time to do. Love the geometric border....my eyes would have gotten jiggy doing that as well. The judges eyes are going to pop!

The quilt is stunning, and the quilting even more so! You've taken the designs from the Pocket Guides to Freehanding to new heights and done things I never would have thought of.

The border is "Echoed Triangles". LOVE IT!

The center is "Landscape Filler". You've used the concept and done something spectacular with such a simple design. I LOVE how you angled it. The effect looks like it's coming from a light source, which I'm sure you intended.

The use of "Rocky Beach" on the horses if brilliant!!! And the double feather swags is SO imaginative.

I hope if this quilt is entered, which it should be, that they will hang it so the back shows too. OUTSTANDING JOB!!

:)

Oh my gosh!!! qfairy:

What a wonderful quilting job :D out standing work.

Yes please show us the next one too, though how you plan to out shine yourself on the next I have no idea.

When I grow up, I want to quilt just like you, lord I have a lot to learn.

Thanks for the inspiration

Oh my gosh! My husband and friend are all commenting on it. How the heck did she quilt that back? That's from Adrienne, who isn't a quilter (yet). Beth wants to know how you did the shading in the blue. Is the fabric designed that way, or is it pieced? That's just amazing, thanks for sharing!

• 1 month later...

Archived