QZ Quilt pics

meg

hi - some pics of a top that was at least 6 years in the unfinished top pile. i used it to practice tension & QZ.

it worked - i overcame my fear of the gear and used many spiros - which i love. also, i tried out the border template - i used a different one on each side and that thing is easy as pie.

you cant really see so good - but what the heck. as you will see - there was some tension issues - and way too much CH for me - but i learned alot and its not so bad when you look at it riding by on a galloping horse!

hi - some pics of a top that was at least 6 years in the unfinished top pile. i used it to practice tension & QZ.

it worked - i overcame my fear of the gear and used many spiros - which i love. also, i tried out the border template - i used a different one on each side and that thing is easy as pie.

you cant really see so good - but what the heck. as you will see - there was some tension issues - and way too much CH for me - but i learned alot and its not so bad when you look at it riding by on a galloping horse!

post--13461904259781_thumb.jpg

cindy - i used the 1/4 ch for the center. i did have fun & i am real comfortable with the spiros now - and have always thought the tracing templates were a no brainer. and the border templates are almost that easy - you just have to follow a measuring formula to get them centered.

i didnt plan the ch fill ins too well and in many spots its off. but i learned alot - and since i kinda never really liked the top anyway - it was no loss that i made a bunch of mistakes and had to rip alot. i plan to use it to protect my couch since i cant get the darn dog to stay off of it. so, all in all, a good thing!

cindy - i used the 1/4 ch for the center. i did have fun & i am real comfortable with the spiros now - and have always thought the tracing templates were a no brainer. and the border templates are almost that easy - you just have to follow a measuring formula to get them centered.

i didnt plan the ch fill ins too well and in many spots its off. but i learned alot - and since i kinda never really liked the top anyway - it was no loss that i made a bunch of mistakes and had to rip alot. i plan to use it to protect my couch since i cant get the darn dog to stay off of it. so, all in all, a good thing!

Meg, I really like that. I could see just a bit, how you used diff swags on the border... good way to try them out and find which ones you are more comfortable with.

So Glad you are over your fear of the QZ, now the world is open.

Great job.

RitaR

Meg, I really like that. I could see just a bit, how you used diff swags on the border... good way to try them out and find which ones you are more comfortable with.

So Glad you are over your fear of the QZ, now the world is open.

Great job.

RitaR

Archived