a learned lesson shared!

so as y'all know i've been doing the whole move thing....

it's been a little over three weeks since i last quilted, plus i took Nemo apart and have put him back together...

the lesson:

after three weeks of not quilting, when i loaded one of my quilts i felt like a newbie...i was wobbly as GA pine in a tornado. i felt like i was trying to drive on ice. i got really really frustrated and started blaming Nemo...turns out i was at fault. then i, like lynn, stopped over thinking it and after about four hours it all came back and felt as naturally as it always has.

the moral: patience with myself is just as important as PPPing

the quilt's on my blog if you want to go look...

a side note: it is a testament to the quality of APQS's machines....Nemo has perfect tension after over 12 hours of bouncing over 500+ miles of interstate...just saying!

so as y'all know i've been doing the whole move thing....

it's been a little over three weeks since i last quilted, plus i took Nemo apart and have put him back together...

the lesson:

after three weeks of not quilting, when i loaded one of my quilts i felt like a newbie...i was wobbly as GA pine in a tornado. i felt like i was trying to drive on ice. i got really really frustrated and started blaming Nemo...turns out i was at fault. then i, like lynn, stopped over thinking it and after about four hours it all came back and felt as naturally as it always has.

the moral: patience with myself is just as important as PPPing

the quilt's on my blog if you want to go look...

a side note: it is a testament to the quality of APQS's machines....Nemo has perfect tension after over 12 hours of bouncing over 500+ miles of interstate...just saying!

That lesson may be just in time for me as I have not quilted anything since jur before my construction (early February) It has now become excuse after excuse, I think I am S C A R E D and will certainly need a new learning curve to get started!! So I too will try to remember Patience!!

That lesson may be just in time for me as I have not quilted anything since jur before my construction (early February) It has now become excuse after excuse, I think I am S C A R E D and will certainly need a new learning curve to get started!! So I too will try to remember Patience!!

Shannon, I just had a peek at your quilt. It's so pretty, I really love the colours you used, and I love that pattern you put in the sashing, really suits. I nearly flipped when I read your "p.s." 194 days 'til Christmas!!! Sheeesh, how does that sneak up so quickly. But you really did get me thinking about what projects I need to complete by then. :cool:

Shannon, I just had a peek at your quilt. It's so pretty, I really love the colours you used, and I love that pattern you put in the sashing, really suits. I nearly flipped when I read your "p.s." 194 days 'til Christmas!!! Sheeesh, how does that sneak up so quickly. But you really did get me thinking about what projects I need to complete by then. :cool:

Archived