Happy 4Th!

Nice, Carmen!

I'm putting on a clients quilt now and it is also a Verna pattern - Abundance. This lady does meticulous hand applique so it is a real joy to work on her quilts! Of course, Verna is a fabulous applique designer!

When you quilted this quilt, did you go around each element with SID? Your quilting is really complementary to the piecing.

This is the one I have on my frame now:

http://www.thevintagespool.com/store/products/details/?product=152

I have been ditching the applique for hours! Still have the bottom row to do. (I know - get off the computer and get back to work!)

Verna's patterns are fabulous and very detailed. The client quilts I have gotten are meticulously hand appliqued and beautiful!

I haven't done any of her retreats. I have taken classes from her but not in applique! Mostly about 10 years ago when she was just beginning at TC.

I bet her retreats are great fun and worth the money!

Wee really should get together one of these days! We are so close!

I love that quilt, in fact so much that I am on the next to the last block with the hand applique (Hat with flowers). I do like how you did an eagle instead of the blue bird in the pattern on the bottom left corner. I can't wait to have mine finished and maybe get it quilted by next 4th...

Here is how we spent our holiday....

2808357950104810669S425x425Q85.jpg

Happy 4th to you all!

Laurie,

Yes we are so close. One small problem I don't drive anymore.

It would be nice to meet you in person. Do you teach classes?

I could have my friend, who loves to drive, take me to see you.

She also quilts and is a very nice person.

Hi Vicky,

She is so cute!!!!

We had the holiday with the kids yesterday. We have to shere these days

with inlaws. Some of them are beginning to complain.

On the quilt, yes the woman I quilted the Faded Glory quilt change the bird block

for the eagle and I think it looks better too. My favorite block is the wagon.

Carmen

Yep it is a bummer to share with those inlaws, good thing we like ours! Fortunately for us they live out of state so we see her more than they do, just have to back off when they come to town so they have time with her. My favorite blocks are the wagon and the tricyle!

Archived