I'm creativly depleted..can ya help??

The last 6 quilts I have done for clients have all been custom. I'm tired ladies. (and gentlemen) Any ideas for this one? It's queen size. The only thing I do know at this point is that I will do a bead board border.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

I think I'm really starting to burn out.:(

Tracey

post--13461904364803_thumb.jpg

My first look at the top was all about the tulips and the four patches--the obvious block that marches across.

But--if you squint at it, the orange circular design pops out. That's what I would quilt--that circle--fill it with a petal-y design to match the very cheerful flowers in the border. There are ten of them and the half-circles that touch the border.

The turquoise stars are on an obvious diagonal that may be easy to quilt continuously--line dancing or running swirls of some sort. Now that I said all that, I hope the circles and stars fit in the stitching field!

(Did you all scroll back and squint?:D)

Fall-back for a burned-out quilter--an overall matching those cute border flowers.

Sleep on it and look with fresh eyes and a fresh brain--you will come up with something wonderful!

Thanks girls, Linda...the design I keep seeing IS the 'circles' which is what is throwing me I think. The pattern is the stars. It's the garden walk design by Eleanor Burns. However, I have to squint to see the stars as my brain sees orange and turquoise 'circles'. I can't do e2e as that little white line you see is a flat piped border. Maybe I will waste another day just staring at the stupid thing. OOps:o did I just say that out loud????

Tracey

Guest Linda S

I haven't lost my creativity, just everything in general. I cannot seem to make myself get up and quilt this weekend. All I've wanted to do is sleep. I hope you found some inspiration for this quilt. I just wish someone would come give me a good swift kick in the butt.

Linda

linda...<kick> in the backside! :P hope you start to feeling like your usual self real soon!

i see lots of ruler work on this one! i would echo quilt the black areas. they offer some interesting shapes...and you should accent them. then cc the colored squares and tulip-ey things. you will do great as always whatever you decide. :)

Archived