Shannon - Mini Quilt Swap - Blogs

How many participants did we get for the swap?

Do the majority of them have blogs?

I'd like to follow along with the blogs of the different swappers, but don't just want to do it for one or two as It would look suspiciously like I am their partner!!!!

Could you post the blogs of all the participants so then I could become a follower in alphabetical order and hopefully my swappee would be none the wiser.

I have thoughties of what I want to do and would post them to my blog , except that would be letting the cat out of the bag.

Lyn

lyn- there's only 5 (counting you) swappers with blogs...

kristinia's: www.froggybottomquilting.blogspot.com

lyn's (new) blog: www.busy-quilting.blogspot.com

monica's: www.quiltloversnews.blogspot.com

rebecca's: www.rbccsdsgns.blogspot.com

mine: www.piecefulkwilter.blogspot.com

counting me- there are a total of 24 swappers...*ahem* more than the sister's choice block swap----which the deadline is the end of this month....:D

that's okay- this will be more fun...

Now I just need to work out how to link Blogs. Back to the tutorials!!!!!

Well I did work it out for myself, I can see by browsing your girls blogs that I have a lot of blogging to do, to catch up with you. Maybe I will reveal to my swappee just alittle bit about myself through my blogging.

Usually I am the shy unassuming type - yeah right- who happens to be frequently photographed in the most unusual situations, so there won't be many actual photos of me!

Lyn

I know nothing about how to 'make' a blog. How do you get one? Probably a very simple task I'm sure but.......this is me we are talking about and 'puters are definitely not my forte. I've only just started using facebook!!!:o I don't go on it much though.:D

Tracey

i love blogging and it's the best marketing tool in my arsenel.

i use google (blogspot) as the host. just go to 'blogspot.com' to start (it's free unless you buy your domain name). the hardest part is coming up with a name....i had to try a couple things cause my first options were already taken. i'm actually looking into buying my blog's domain name so that it will remove the word 'blogspot' from the address....

it's free, and really fun. no obligation- think of it as an online journal that everyone can read. if you can work this forum and a simple word program- you can blog. the format is very user friendly...

the only thing about blogs i don't like: the ad heavy ones...there's a blog i use to enjoy reading til she got into advertising and now you can't find her blog for all the ads...i stopped reading it.

i wouldn't mind helping you if you need it....just email me.

i like it better than facebook. facebook is too 'crowded'

I love my blog, and it was easy to set up. I use my Blog as an extension of my Etsy Store, combining business and personal. I am "branding" my business, so my Blog name is "Quiltlovers News" my Etsy store is Quiltlover and my longarming website is Quiltloverstudio, hopefully a name easily remembered. I like to keep it clean and uncluttered, hopefully easy to read, and although i thought I would join Ad Sense once upon a time, hated the advertising they put in my blog, so I canceled that. I don't have enough readers to get any revenue from that.

Nice there are so many "swapeese" in this Swap, makes it interesting and fun. My Quilt is done, (see my Blog)can't wait for November........

I have facebook for all my friends and old classmates and family. I have this site for the long arm ... well... everything. I don't have time to do a blog too!! Why can't we use this forum for documenting our progress? I can post pics and just write my progress here. I know how. yes.. i'm whinning. I really would rather spend my time quilting or piecing. CAN I GET A WITNESS?

Sorry. :o;):o I don't want to start a blog too.

Originally posted by PeggyB

Thanks for looking, and can anyone tell me how to make my profile picture larger?

i don't think you can make your profile picture bigger...you can put more than one picture in a post- just upload all them at the smae time, then type out your blog post. put your cursor where you want the picture and click the 'insert picture' icon. choose the picture (by clicking on it) and hit okay. wha-la more than one pic in a post...

hope that helps!

(i'm a follower now)

Originally posted by Kristiequilts

Why can't we use this forum for documenting our progress?

I don't want to start a blog too.

you can post here about the swap...it is a forum based swap. you don't have to have a blog to participate...monica just wanted to know the swappers who had blogs and that got the ball about blogs rolling...

I would hope that those doing the swap...wouldn't post about the progress. I would love to be surprised with what I receive. I used my blog ONLY to post a link to favorite quilts for ideas for my secret swap partner. If some start to post pics of finished quilts before the end of the swap...then it might spoil the surprise for those of us wanting that. Just my thoughts...maybe i am all wet in my thinking! :)

Archived