A near "marking" disaster diverted...

This surprised me sooo much when it happened, I had to share.

I was marking the living daylights out of a cheddar and white basket quilt. (It has to be quilted just like the original!!) I marked the piano keys so I dont get any surprizes in the corners and I got off track. I started using the Clover eraser pen, and to speed things up I grabbed my flexible rubbery ruler. The solvent in the eraser pen started disolving the ruler and I got a pink stripe where the blue marker had been. You could have knocked me over with a feather.

Fortunately the quilt belongs to a good friend and she brought over some of the same fabric. We duplicated the stain, let it dry and tried an assortment of cleaners. Goof-Off, Goo Gone, Dry Cleaning solvent, and alcohol. Most worked a bit, but the clear winner was the alcohol. Whew!!!

:D:P:D:P

Why does this always only happen on plain fabrics?????

I promise to share when it's done.....

post--13461904658895_thumb.jpg

Just one more. when I first started this quilting I thought that marking the underside of the clear ruler with the erasable markers was cool for measuring until I shot some water on a corner to erase the blue fabric marker, when it was almost dry I used the clear ruler to guide the last seam and guess what came off on the quilt. I believe it was the alcohol then too that worked and putting the erasable markers back in my granddaughters drawer where I should not have stolen them from to begin with.

Caron, just curious of the vintage of alcohol you used after the alcohol worked to get the stain out--LOL I think mine was Jack Daniels---Dave B.

Archived