Use your Quiltazoid to do Longboards!!!!

Quilting Heidi

It's eerie, as just the other day, I was looking at a quilt pattern I plan to make and thought it sure would be nice if I could figure out a way to quilt in that diagonal open space with the QZ boards..........then.........TA DA!!! Adam comes through. haha Now, I can see I will need to had some more long boards to my wish list. I think being able to work from the front with these long boards will be especially nice for borders, sashings, etc. where you really need to tweek things to get it lined up right. Hard to do from the back, running to the front, to the back again. I'm short so can't reach over the rollers from the back to do much. This will be FANTASTIC. Can't wait to hear more from Adam and Linda about it. I, too, hope they have a video OR Heidi will have to make one for us to watch ! ??? :P:P:P

Wow! Thanks everyone for your interest in this latest addition to the Quiltazoid line.

As Heidi said, the extended arm package allows you to use templates up to 24" long and 16" wide from the front of the machine. The package will be selling for $150, and will include the long stylus arm, the aluminum platform (which attaches to the Econozoid or Quiltazoid baseplate), and a heavier version of the front attachment bracket.

We are taking orders now, and will begin shipping on a first come-first served basis within a week or two. (We will be adding this package to our website as soon as possible).

Thanks again to everyone for your interest!

Linda and Adam

I guess I am just not understanding. Would you use this to do an entire edge to edge or just random blocks? What size quilt could you do on a 12 foot table? Could you do a 90 inch quilt? If you do edge to edge you would only need to have 1 board instead of 4 or 5? I hope they make a video because I just don't understand the benefits yet. Since everyone is so excited I know I am missing something :(

Cheri,

Yes you would only need one board to do an e2e quilt. I would say that you should easily be able to do a 90" quilt on a 12 ft frame. I have used the long boards with my topoper and even have a video on using my baptist fan board on utube. You might get a better idea if you watch that video. IT will work basically the same way with the Quiltazoid only the arm has more positionability. I did the video to show the stitching sequense so I don't recall how much of the moving of the board it might show. It would be a while before I could do a video demo on the Quiltazoid. I barely have enough time to get my customers done and I'm booked for a while yet. I have a show quilt that I just started last night so that will be on the frame for 2 weeks.

I am really anxious to try this thing. I added my name to the list last night. Also Linda said there will be some new template designs coming out in a week or two ! Even more exciting! The fact that 1 long board will do now is great. I have "adjusted" my wish list to 1 board of each design instead of 2 or 3. Now we can buy more variety! Yeahhhhh. I had bought just one board of some R & S designs to see if I liked them and planned to add 1 or 2 more to each design to use from the back and then leapfrog from wider quilts. Now I won't have to. :P:P:P

The long arm works just like the short arm. The benefit is it will do a longer board, up to 24"" long and 16"wide.. I love the long arm I have, so I am Very Glad Adam and Linda went ahead with theirs. It Will Pay For Itself in a short time, You just can't go wrong with it.

Ritar

I am having a hard time thinking that you can use the boards on a diagonal and quilt them continuously. Although perhaps, if you advance the quilt and continue sewing it may be possible. I guess i am writing out loud! :D

we shall all see when Adam and Linda get these shipped to us I suppose. I for one and very excited about it...and may have a few extra boards for sale! :)

Archived