Use your Quiltazoid to do Longboards!!!!

Quilting Heidi

Finally Adam has come up with a longer arm for the Quiltazoid and you can now do the long boards from the front of the machine! It is awesome!!! You will get a long arm and base plate that attaches to the quiltazoid base. Simply attach the board to the baseplate put on the longer arm and stitch away. You simple stop with your needle down, move the QZ over and keep on stitching. Goes quickly and works great. For more information please contact Linda & Adam at http://www.quiltazoid.com/contact

Thanks Adam for a wonderful new addition to the Quiltazoid's capabilities!

Originally posted by meg

heidi - do you have it? does it work off the qz just like the tracing templates? with the longer arm - do you lose any space on wither side of the quilt?

Meg yes I have it and it works right on the QZ. There is a metal base that fits on top of the round base and the boards sit on that. You don't really loose any more space because the board is centered on the baseplate already there. I figure the board/arm are 24" so the arm is about 9" longer.

Kristina,

You will be able to use it. You can alwasy move the board a little at the end if needed. I'll try to measure on my frame how far I can quilt without a problem. The boards can be moved over to sit where the smaller boards are when you get to that end. As long as you stop with your needle down and slide the board over. Where there is a will there is a way :D.

Archived