I will never forget

Patty Jo,

Where did you purchase that flag? I almost always have an American flag out, especially on Memorial Day and the 4th of July, but I would like to have one like that for Sept 11th. It's still so upsetting. I grew up in NYC and remember watching the Twin Towers being built. I never thought I would live to see them coming down.

Dianne

Living near a military base (actually several of them) there are flags out every day that remind me of where I live and the sacrifices that have been made. I love the jets flying overhead. I love the ships, the national cemetery, the men and women in uniform going about their daily jobs, many of whom are waiting to go to Afghanistan or other combat zones.

I remember those lost, not only in the bombing, but the wars we have fought. I personally refuse to give terrorists that did this horrible deed the power to ruin a day. I will remember those who died with much sadness and honor them for being innocent victims. Then I will turn around and live the day to the fullest, in my own way telling the radicals and extremists I will not live under a cloud of fear. I will not give them the power to take even one day without a fight. This might not make sense and I might not have worded it right, but hopefully y'all will understand.

Blessings to the fallen and their families.

Nancy

:)

Dianne - We purchased this flag when they had a memorial service in our River Front Park here in Salem. I just googled "Flag of Honor" and there are several places where they can be purchased.

Nancy - I agree with you whole hartedly, & I will not give the terrorists 1 day of being fearful and I will be living every day to the fullest, always remembering & praying for those who are on the front lines fighting against any plans to destroy our country and the security that we have.

We were in Chicago on Vacation on that terrible day. We purchased a Flag and attached ii to our RV and flew it all the way home where it now rests in my DH's Study. We watched the re cap on CNN this morning of that terrible day and I cried once again for all those lives lost. It was an attack not only on the USA but on all those that love FREEDOM! We will never forget!~

Nancy Jo,

I echo your sentiment, well expressed, I love this country. Today my church sponsored a conference for Christian Women, part of the agenda was dedicated for the Patriots and honoring their memory and what this country stands for.

Patty Jo,

thanks for posting this heartfelt topic

Corey

We have an American Flag flying every day. I haven't seen the one like Patty Jo has though.

Not long after 9/11 a dear lady in Northern Iowa took it upon herself to make quilts for the vicitims families of that horrible day. She and her husband personally delivered quilts to NY and worked closely with the people in charge to get quilts to those who needed them. My quilting friends and I made and donated over 200 quilts to her cause. After 9/11 and the war started, she continued making quilts for the families of fallen soldiers. Some of those 200 quilts we made have gone to those families as well. Every time I make a quilt, I am so thankful that my family is safe and sound because of the sacrifices of others.

http://www.freedomquilts.net/

We have been watching the videos of 9/11 on TV this week and it is still just so unbelievable. That dust cloud rolling through the city looks like something out of a science fiction movie. :(

great post - patty jo - thanks for sharing that - i am definately getting one of those flags.

and i agree - while we must NEVER FORGET - we cannot allow them to win by making us fearful or changing our way of life.

and, just as important, we can never be thankful enough to those who dedicate thier lives to protecting our freedoms.

We fly our flag every day, It helps us remember those fallen whether in the military or tragedies like the Twin Towers.. Since we are on a dead end lane and closer to the end than the start, we thought others would fly one also, but that's not happened. As far as we know we are the only ones on our lane. That is OK, we will let them use our flag for their memories..

God Bless America...

Same here Rita....I live at the end of a culdesac and I fly my flag every day. There is one other family that puts up their flag on holidays like Memorial Day and the 4th and they live next door to me. I did take down my Honor flag last night and my regular flag will go out again this morning.

Archived