update on (Oh My beginners lesson)

Well after a week of evening frogging I finally got back to quilting. Thanks for all the help! Here are a few pictures of my challange. You will be able to see the unsquareness and the extra fabric I had to try and work in to the best of my ability. I don't even know if there is anything I could have done to make it better so any advice given will be greatly apperciated. I gave the quilt to the customer and he was happy with it so I guess that is all that counts and was a great learning lesson for me.

post--13461905071693_thumb.jpg

That's very pretty quilting, Bonnie. I didn't see the original post but I assume the quilt was full? The only thing I could suggest to help flatten down a bit more is to SID down the length of the borders. Sometimes I do this even if I've done an all-over design - it gives a crispness to the look of the quilt. But that takes more time and money!

Shelley

Thanks for all the helpful and kind comments, Never thought of them as butterflies but that would work. Just made it up. I was afraid that the stitching in the ditch would really pronounce the wavey lines even more although I tried to make them straight as possible it didn't look too great so just took it out and did without. Also what little I did try to stitch in the ditch I got to many pleated areas. May be I just don't know the right technique to work it out to look better.

Archived