You are the smartest people!

I hope there is no limit to how many threads we can save in our 'FAVORITES' file...I had to add two more today. Those rope baskets are wonderful (I especially love the use of buttons as embellishment) and who doesn't need inspiration for how to handle sashings & narrow borders. I am developing a resource library of great quilting ideas right here on the apqs forum! Many thanks to everyone who posts on this forum and shares such good information with the rest of us.

You are terrific! Nancy in Tucson

Me three! my only problem is that I wish "My Favorites" could be organized with folders... much like My Documents in Windows Explorer. One folder for thread tips...one for maintenance tips... one for sashing....one for borders.... etc etc... You get the idea ;) I know I should just be copy/pasting stuff I want to save into a Word document or something, but I don't always have the time. Thinking I'll get back to do it later never happens. Help! My Favorites is over flowing! Woe is me! :P:P

Sharon you can add folders to your favorites, I do it all the time. Makes it way easier to find the ones you've saved. I also try to save it with a name that will tell me what it might be, such as quick border designs or curved cross hatched quilt. Go to the Favorites tab, click on organize favorites from the pull down screen and then go to down. It works great.

ok, I must be blind! Thank you Heidi, but for the life of me, I can't figure this out...been sitting here staring at this for the last 20 minutes! To get to the favorites tab, I need to go to My User Account, right? I've clicked on the My Favorites Tab, but the only drop down menu I have is "Select Forum". I have clicked on everything possible at the top of my screen, bottom, and everywhere in between and I cannot find Organize Favorites.... geez, what am I missing? ....I know I am going to feel like an idiot if I ever find it! :o ...I took a screen shot of My Favorites, will try to add it here.... and I thought I was pretty good with computers! :P

Sorry I missed the questions. OK to save to your favorites click on Favorites at the top of this browser page. See the tool bar where it says file, edit, view, favorites, tools & help? Just click on favorites and choose add to favorites. If trying to save files from the forum I'd suggest making a folder called forum favorites or something like that and you will have to rename it otherwise you'll just keep writing over the last favorite. Call it something that will mean something to you like border designs, Meg's star quilt and so on.

OK now to make a folder and organize your files. Click on favorites and select Organize favorites. See the attached PDF with the screen shots. Then either make a folder or move things around. I hope that helps.

favorites.pdf

OK...there seems to be a bit of confusion....I already save interesting posts to my favourites here on the APQS forum....

I also save interesting posts and other webpages into my 'Bookmarks'....(I use Mozilla Firefox).....If you use Internet Explorer you will have 'Favourites' instead of Bookmarks up on your menu bar...... that's right at the top of your screen.....above the address bar.....

Hope that helps!

I was talking about the favorites on this forum too. They just all add in there by the date I clicked them in.... I think. Is there a way to organize these? Or even re-name them for that matter.

My daughter did something different to the computer and I no longer have my toolbar at the top of this screen while I am on APQS... stinker! She keeps messing me up... just whenever I get used to something!

Judi:

The post was on the 7th under the title Rope Bowls for quilt show boutique. They are way cool! I was referring to the favorites on this forum which are currently stored on my 'user control panel'. It's nice to know that they can be better organized. Thanks to everyone who gave advice. Nancy in Tucson

I don't know that there is a way to change the favorites that you save under your profile. I stopped using most of those features because they don't have a lot of options to them. U2U's drive me crazy. I'm always filling mine up.

Judi you can see your tool bar by clicking on the right mouse button at the top of your screen. You should get a menu drop down that includes Menu bar should be an option, just click it and put a check mark next to it and you should have your tool bar back.

ahhh.... I see now! LOL Thanks Heidi!

.... still wish I could organize favorites within the forum though. I typically have access to 3 different computers, so would be nice to have them all in one place. Pretty sure I could do that with Google Bookmarks, but I don't have the Google Toolbar.... not sure I want to install it on my office pc.... oh well....

Archived