These are so darling and such good work you do!!! Back in the 1980s if was the things to visit junk stores for old tattered quilts with holes and such. You could get them for under $5. We'd put them in a sweater bag and wash them. Once clean we'd cut them into bears and stitch them up. Even Using the same pattern they'd each have their own personality. They made great gifts. Just a hint for your next one: Make it a diaper and cut the end of a binkie off and glue the binkie to her mouth. You can also stitch a rattler in her hand. So cute for little ones.

Thank you for showing these, they are adorable. When my dad passed away 4 years ago, I asked for his clothes to make some quilts, and my brother being the ass that he is, said he was going to sell them to the second hand store to help pay for the funneral ( BTW my dad left plenty of money to pay for his funeral)--which did not happen, a year later I found out my b###h sister took them all and when I bought George with my dads money I asked my brother if he had any of dads clothes left so I could make a cover for my machine. Well what he brought me were old suits, old sweatshirts, old turtlenecks (which dad never wore) etc... There were some treasures in the pockets so he apparently did not check them out:D. Anyways, NOW I know what I am going to do with those clothes. I will post pictures on my Facebook page when completed. Now I am off to get my dads clothes out of storage;) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. You have made my day!!!!

Wow! Judy I'm so happy to have made your day. My family went a little crazy when Mom died last year and I felt like I was in the middle of it all. My oldest daughter went off her nut, then a former friend when off hers, then my brT mother made an a** out of hiselft too. It seemed like my whole world fell apart. I'm almost myself again. I'm also planning to use some of mom's clothes and costume jewerly to make small crazy quilts (framed in a shadow box), plus some hankeys that I know some belonged to my great aunt and grandmother. I'll be including pictures (printed on fabric) too. It will be a while but I will post when I get the 1st one done. Make sure you post yours too.

Sylvia, what a great idea for baby gifts - keepsakes.

I'm so happy to have shared my bears. Everyone who is planning on buying the patterns and on making bears, don't forget to share pictures of yours. Yo all are so welcome. It wasn't my idea I did borrow it from someone else. It is a wonderful way to remember someone - especially if you feel the need to hug them -the bears make good stand-ins for the actual person.

Hey Judy & Kristie,

Why is it when a loved one passes, relatives are such butts. My Mom passed away in 2009 at the age of 89 and my 70 year old brother had the nerve to say to me when he read the Memorial Card that he didn't even know Mom's middle name was Amanda. GRRRRRR. Then there was a couple talking to my niece who I hadn't seen in 30 years. I walked up to them and asked who they were. My niece, the brothers daughter said oh, this is my son and dil. Another Grrrrr. So much for a close family. If I'm lucky enough they won't show whenever my dad passes. Sorry to be so angry but the memories of that ugly day flood back.

The bears are adorable

Diana

Diana, I don't know why family's go off the deep end when someone passes. In my family it appears the women are the ones who are the glue that holds things together. My mom really made my dad look good. She covered for him. I didn't have any idea that's what she did until she died. My dad is lost w/o her but he's trying to run his own life without taking our advise or letting us know when he needs us. My brother is just as big a dope. His wife is ill and may only last 5 to 10 more years (kidney problems). I'm going to be stuck with my dad, my brother, and my grumpy husband (11 years older than me). And not one of them will listen to anything I say they should do. I'll put you on my prayer list Diana - Its hard to let everything go...

Kristie,

I am lucky my one brother lives in Florida and the other in NYC. After 6 years of not hearing from the NYC brother e-mailed me about a sewing project. I started answering him about the sewing and after a time I mentioned Dad. He e-mailed me and said lets just keep this on the sewing. This is my Jeckle & Hyde brother. I am so lucky neither live in CO. This is why not having a sister I value my girlfriends so much. The Florida brother said so much more and I wanted to ring his neck. Oh well I live my life like I want and don't give them a thought. Sorry about the grumpy husband. Mine is very grumpy if you wake him up and or take him out of his forest. Our daughter's boyfriend works for the state and made him a big road sign that says FOREST GRUMP. We all laugh about the big sign and my husband hung it on the outside of his garage. My Dad sold the house, got a motor home and went to AZ. for the winter. At least I talk to him every 2-3 days. Hey, your hair color matches mine. White

Archived