My Wholecloth is finished!

Guest Linda S

Aaaahhhhhh Linda - your quilt is just gorgeous. You did an awesome job of designing and quilting. You have wonderful taste.

Wasn't Karen's class a kick? I totally enjoyed her and the class and I learned a lot from her.... kicking those templates around on the floor with her feet.... here I've been picking them up and storing them like they were tissue paper. Yee gads! She's a trip.

Best of luck to you at Innovations and let us all know how you do. I'm sure you'll do well.

Donna

Linda, this is sooooooooo beautiful! I saw the close-up on your website and admired the beautiful stitching around your center medallian. I love the two tone colors, its one of the most beautiful whole cloth quilts I've ever seen! I was just wondering if you can quilt on an APQS while sitting down to "see" better and you answered my question perfectly! Thanks so much!

Kathy

Thanks again. For those who asked, I have estimated the time factor. About 8 hours to design (length of Karen's Class) and draw out. I know it took me 60 hours to trim the trapunto batting, and I think probably about another 60 to quilt it. Two things I learned from this quilt: 1) Do NOT microstipple out by the binding. I need to flatten that well because the trapunto was so close to the edge, but it makes it nearly impossible to stitch down the binding on the back. 2) make sure you have someone else available to help you block the quilt after you have washed out the blue pen and water soluble thread. It is a nightmare to have to do by yourself!

It's not actually two-tone, but the photos look like it in my webshots. It is totally white -- which brings to mind the THIRD thing I learned - it is very hard to quilt something that is white, white, white. I almost named it Blinded by the White!

Linda

Linda it looks just awesome. One of the prettiest I've seen in a good while. I love your designs in this and the approach you took on the layout.

I wanted to ask you what size this quilt is?

Best of luck (which I don't think you will need) at the show.

It's a winner!!! No doubt.

Grammie

Hi Tammie - well, it started out to be 62" square. After the trapunto and all that quilting, it ended up about 56" square. Thanks for the kind comments. I had fun doing this.

Linda

Archived