My Wholecloth is finished!

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

Well, except for the binding! Nothing inspires like last minute panic. This has to be sent off express mail on Monday morning to make it to Innovations. This is my first real wholecloth -- my other one was just a sampler of styles.

1312_Wholecloth_finished_1.jpg

Guest Linda S

Aw, thank you. Your guys are the best! I finished it at 4:30 this morning. Couldn't sleep, so I got up and finished it. It is real cut away trapunto. An original design by me while taking a class from Karen McTavish, using her stencils. I highly recommed her classes!

Linda

Linda...

Did you feel this was difficult on the Liberty? A friend of mine wants some very old sheets with Battenburg Lace edging quilted up and I've left it for over a year. I wondered about the smaller quilting space with my Liberty...or maybe I'm just plain scared :o

I may have to hold off til Karen McT does a class in Southern Ontario. It sounds like most of you get courage and inspiration from her classes.

One day I'll dive in...........Sandra

Sandra - I think this is actually easier on the Liberty. I sit to do this much intense quilting, and I couldn't have good control any farther away from my body than the quilting space that the Liberty provides. Plus, with it being a smaller machine, it's easier to maneuver in those tight spaces. I'm sure the Millennium would do just as well, but you probably wouldn't use the entire quilting surface to work on.

Barb - you design these by arranging stencils on a piece of muslin with some guidelines to help you get it straight. Use the blue water soluble pen. I chose a couple of different stencils and used parts of each one. Some I modified to get it the way I wanted it.

Linda

Wow! So pretty.

Personally, I think that the "white and blue quilts" are so beautiful...don't you? (...what I mean is the White quilts with the blue ribbons attached to them...) ;) LOL!! So, go grab one of your blue ribbons from the past and hold it up next to that white wholecloth to see how it looks cuz I'm sure it's gonna be a winner! :)

Shana

Thanks y'all!

Shana - would that I could hold up one of my blue ribbons from the past on this, but this is my very first personal quilt to go to show. I hope it brings me some ribbons of any color. If not, just to have it hanging for people to look at (with me hiding in the wings listening) will be okay.

Here's a final pic with the binding on. Probably it will have worse fold lines than this when they take it out of the box at the show. I folded it differently before putting it in the box.

1312_For_Clara_2_1.jpg

Linda

Archived