Path pattern feature used on this center medallion

AHuffman

I just finished a Bella Bella quilt for a client. This quilt was the first one I've done on my Blissed out MIlle with IQ.

It has a large circular medallion and my client wanted a celtic circle pattern to follow around the center circle. This would have been incredibly tedious to do by hand.

I used the Path Pattern feature on IQ. First I created a new block by tracing the boundaries of the curved border where I wanted the continuous celtic circles to be placed. That was so easy- I just used the needle to follow the seam line and IQ recorded the exact path the piecer used for her border.

I then converted that block to a pattern and split out just the portion of the block that followed the circular seam between the center medallion and the circular border.

That is the path I used in Path Pattern to drop the celtic circles onto. IQ skewed the pattern and curved it to follow the space perfectly. SOOOOOOO easy!!!

I did the rest of the quilt freehand. You can see more photos of it on this post here: http://apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=26190

Bella-MS.jpg

Bella-WS.jpghere

Hi Angela - WOW, I love that quilt and your quilting just makes it perfect. This one is going into my fav's. I don't have a computer on my Milli and do 99% things freehand, but this is amazing. If I ever win the lottery, I may just have to buy an IQ so that I'll be able to do this kind of beautiful work. ;)

Hey Linnea,

Here's food for thought.....80 average E2E quiltings pays off an IQ. Take what you make on 1 quilt a week & in about 18 months that IQ is paid for, not to mention the decrease in chiropractor & massage therapy bills. :) On top of that you really can be doing something else at the same time.

I use to (before I stopped customer quilting) put a panto on one machine to run for about 15 minutes per row - purposely picking something that would take that long, then start running test designs that I have to "tend" to regularly on the other IQ. In the meantime I use to have our embroidery machine stitching out customer jobs that would take a while & print & roll paper pantos for orders in between tending to the quilting & embroidery machines. I don't act like that much of a crazy person any more, but it just goes to show that you can do a lot of other stuff & these "employees" boost your income while not calling in sick or being late for work. Gotta love it. ---- Love my employees (daughters) too BTW.

Archived