Lisa in Canada

I want to thank everyone for their kind words, yes it has been a very difficult time for my family the past several weeks.

It is heartwarming to know that my friends from the forum are sending their kind thoughts and words.

I have been very lucky to meet many of you in person and have gotten to feel like I have met several of you just through online conversations. This forum really is like a big family.

Thank you for your support and understanding, it is the feeling of utter uselessness and helplessness to help my daughter and her boyfriend and to not be able to ease their pain that has been the worst part, sometimes all we have is words and they feel so inadequate at times like this.

Originally posted by lisalnewman

..... it is the feeling of utter uselessness and helplessness to help my daughter and her boyfriend and to not be able to ease their pain that has been the worst part, sometimes all we have is words and they feel so inadequate at times like this.

I know... I totally understand, Lisa. Sometimes we just cannot convey the meaning from our hearts. I am so sorry!

I will share a personal story. My sister, Tina, around 1997 had a near term miscarriage (her first baby). She went into labor about 6 weeks early. Sevren was born and lived maybe 2 hours. He was not viable. He looked normal on the outside, but some of his internal organs were not all connected together properly. :( So sad. That first Christmas, each of us five sisters in the family got the cutest tiny baby angel ornament for our Christmas trees. That baby angel ornament is Sevren; he always sits near the top of my tree. It's really a cute ornament with little wings and everything. That spring, Tina planted Sevren's Tree (evergreen) in her front yard. It took her several years before she tried to have a baby again. Well, in 2001, Veaya was born. She is perfect. Tina and her DH have raised a beautiful blond haired smarty girl and she's now in 3rd grade. Every year, Tina and Veaya have a tradition; they plant perennial flowers around the bed of Sevren's tree, and they talk about Sevren a lot, and that he is Veaya's big brother in heaven. When Tina moved from Alaska to Seattle area, you better believe she uprooted Sevrens' tree and brought it with her to Washington; no way would she leave that tree behind! :DThat child will never be forgotten and Sevren has remained Veaya's big brother in heaven all of this time.

I send hugs to you Lisa. Maybe you can plant a tree, and you can plant pretty flowers around it every spring. I think that is sweet. Never forget.

Archived