My New Toy!!

I picked up this ruler at a LQS yesterday! I've been playing with it between trying to finish a boring T-Shirt quilt!! heehee

It is called Lil' Twister by CS designs. You can see it at country-schoolhouse.com

The one I bought is for 5" charms. I just cut my own from my stash of 30's repros. They also have one that uses the layer cakes or 10" squares; and one for 2 1/2" squares. I'd have googly eyes after the 2 1/2" ones!!!! :D:D:D

The first picture is what I started with. You sew the 5" squares together and put a 3" border all around. Directions are in with the ruler and there is also a book.

post--13461905660433_thumb.jpg

OK, sorry about the link to the website. It is terrible. Hardly any info and no pictures of the rulers. They need to work on that! I'm sure if you google Lil' Twister; you'll find it. Isn't google wonderful?? I wish my son worked there! hehehe Reston, VA, just outside DC!!

Ok, Sylvie baby! Here ya go.

The directions have you sew 24 of the 5" squares together. Six across and 4 down. Then add a 3" border all around. Mine would have looked better if I'd put a darker border on; like a frame. Because it becomes your "frame" or border.

I will post pics when I am finished this afternoon!!

Hi Linnea,

I LOVE 30s fabrics and am coveting several of the ones I see in your quilt! I have 4 Ikea wire basket drawers full of them and am always on the lookout for more. I'm always a bit sad when I use one of the prints up. They are just so much fun to sew with.

I love what you're doing with this little ruler. Can't wait to see the finished top.

Do you have the Atkinson pattern "Slide Show"? It's a great pattern to showcase any collection of fabrics, but is especially cute with the 30's. I'm still trying to decide how to quilt mine.

post--13461905691225_thumb.jpg

Linnea Marie - this looks like so much fun and I love your little quilt! My husband bought me a wall hanging kit from Connecting Threads for Christmas and it's all 30's fabrics....they're really cute. You should check them out.

Darlene - your quilt is gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing the great info.

Yes, Kristina! But you'd need the bigger ruler called The Twister. The rulers come in 3 sizes. For fabric squares 2 1/2", 5" and 10".

Dave & Jane, I'm not sure if this ruler is new or not. The LQS may have had it hanging around a while. However they did have a few new samples on the wall and will be offering a class. The copyright on my ruler says 2008.

Archived