ancient designs

Den and I visited the Seattle Asian Art Museum for his birthday this weekend. Full of beautiful artifacts--jade, porcelain, silks, ceramics. It was great.

This will show that there is nothing new under the sun. Every pattern, shape, form, design motif, quilting design, has been used before.

How about this 9th century ceramic head rest (pillow) used in a regal household?

post--13461905768216_thumb.jpg

Did they use it to rest the head after they were dead? (did not mean to rhyme) I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get any rest on that! What great idea though. I know what you mean about the kleenex boxes to and it seem like clothing has picked up on some of our stuff. Ideas are everwhere we just need to slow down and take a look around. I imagine the Baroque and Gothic architechtural designs would give us some good ideas too. I went to Lenten Vespers at Notre Dame Bacillica and couldn't stop looking at all the great designs - the place is full of ideas.

Beautiful designs on the headrest.

I love the mosaics on the floors and the ceilings in the old cathedrals in Rome. I loved the old celtic crosses on Iona (Scotland) and in the old abbys.

I found wonderful designs carved in rocks in The Sacred Valley and in Macchu Pichu in Peru.

Designs are everywhere, if you look.

Archived