suggestions for inner border please!

Hi everyone, I need to get this done today and bound and on the bus for delivery!! For my MIL who is not well and needs some cheering up, and I needed spring colours to work with.

Question is: Do I put something in the border immediately around the flowers or leave it. I have finished the four corner flowers but I am not crazy about the design. Now when I look at it, I should have reversed the blue and purple around the picture, but oh well. Or do I just leave the border unquilted and allow it to frame the flowers. Something quick, easy would be the best answer. Is off the frame now, I am burying threads from the piano keys.

Thanks everyone!

Joanne Flamand, aka wannabelongarm

Artistic Quilt Designs

post--1346190582806_thumb.jpg

Hi Joanne

I probably would put something into that inner border. Either the feathers you have already done in that one or I would probably do a simple wave curl - it would sort of echo the little curl in your feather pattern in the green border - 1 curl up, next curl down etc.

Show us what you decide to do.

This is a very pretty quilt. Are the flower blocks from a panel. I have not seen them before. The quilt should definitely cheer up your MIL.

Archived