Done!-with pictures

Guest Linda S

Holy Smokes Sherry! That is so beautiful. You are such an inspiration. I love looking at the creative things you do to quilts. Thanks for sharing.

Linda

"Wholey Moses"!!! Just never seems to amaze or surprise me all of the wonderful creations from all you talented people on this site. I am loving logging in every day just to see the beautiful work, and wonderful group of gals here on APQS Chat.

I am super happy I went with APQS for my first longarm.

Words cant explain Sherry, the beautiful work, and talent you put into your quilts.

Great job, as per usual, Sherry. Does it go without saying that you've chosen PhotoShow (I seem to remember you were "looking" for something other than webshots)? Are you happy with it? Easy to use? Sure presents your quilt in a neat way . . . (hope this isn't a rabbit trail topic.) If you have a "blurb" about it, I'd be interested to know.

Sherry O

KS

Sherry, you do beautiful work and there is no doubt it was a tremendous amount of work. I am just getting started so have a long way to go but I do envy you for your beautiful work. Maybe one day I can come close to what you and others are doing every day.

Betty Andrews

Good Morning!

Golly, ya'll are much too kind! Thank you for all your kind comments!

Sue, I will NEVER do another of the same! Although this quilt was done freehand, these designs are best suited for those of you with a computorized system. There was an awful lot of backtracking to make everything continuous. There were 143 plain blocks and Lord only knows how many stars!

Manda

I hope the above answers your question. Practice, patience and persistance play an important role in my quilting style. I started longarm quilting 11 years ago and am still developing my skills. I just plain ol LOVE the art of quilting and designing!

Linda

After designing the quilting I marked the border with the blue water soluble pen using a lightbox. The Butterfly feather blocks were done individualy by dividing each block into sections. (I used the new Marvy air soluble pen for this). I started in the center and worked around each section to complete the motif. The straight lines in the stars and the stitch in the ditch were done prior to quilting the motifs. The diamond cross hatching was done using my Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend ruler. Hope this helps you understand my process, if not just holler and I will try to be more specific.

Sherry O

The Photoshow software is really easy to use and fun to see the pictures in motion. In my opinion it is not near as great a tool as Webshots because there is no search feature, no guestbook and no way of knowing if anyone has veiwed the pictures. Webshots is still the best tool we have...unfortunatly!

Wow, thanks for sharing with us! With all those distractions you had it didn't seem to make any effect on your workmanship one bit, can't believe that with so many stops and starts your quilting all looks perfect. I was wondering how one gets on your "friends" list! :) Was also wondering that if you were making this for a paying customer, approx. how much/inch would you be charging?

You are an inspiration for all,

Janet

Hi Sherry,

I just have to say that your dedication to quilting and perfection is awe inspiraing!!! Truly.

Your quilting is in a category all by itself. I wonder what something like this would cost a client. I'm sure you price accordlying.

Missed you at Innovation this year. The whole show was much smaller than other years. (Teaching staff was different too)

Hi Sherry,

I just have to say that your dedication to quilting and perfection is awe inspiraing!!! Truly.

Your quilting is in a category all by itself. I wonder what something like this would cost a client. I'm sure you price accordlying.

Missed you at Innovation this year. The whole show was much smaller than other years. (Teaching staff was different too)

Archived