Greetings to you all, I haven't been slacking just up to my eyeballs in quilts!! but I do check each day and see what you have have all been doing. Such as selling and buying new houses, sewing rooms, wasp stings, MIL's moving out, all sorts of technical questions as well as winning prizes at exhibitions! Congratulations.

Here is another bunch of quilts ready to go to Christchurch. To date we have sent 102, thanks to your generous gifts towards these. There has been no shortage of people to give the quilts to, from new born babies to 86 year olds, both men, women and children. On some occasions Coral has had a hard time convincing some people that the quilt is a gift and was made for them by quilters around the world. She has also had people wanting to pay for them!

Yesterday 15 of us batted and cut backing for the quilts tops made ready for our 3 day quilt-a-thon next weekend. I'll take some photos of us at work and sent afterwards.

It is almost three months since I started this project and am hopeful by the end of May to have been able to give at least 150 quilts to the people of Christchurch. Then it will be time for most of us to start thinking about making quilts for our bi-annual exhibition later in the year.

This has been a rewarding exercise and my one regret is not being able to personally thank everyone who sent us blocks, tops, fabric and quilts. Can you please pass on our grateful thanks to friends or groups that you know may have send to us. Hopefully we can reciprocate in the event for a call of quilts and blocks for those in need sometime down the track.

Yvonne

Thank you Antoinette, it is kind if you to be thinking of us but after our "quilt-a-thon' we are trying to wind down. It has been all consuming of my life these past 3 months. My DH has been very tolerant, supportive and helpful but I also need to look after him and myself, selfish as that may sound.

I think I have given my all since February and of course I have been well enormously supported by quilters everywhere. Its a great feeling to know we have given some joy and comfort to those so affected. We will of course finish the quilts from the blocks we have already received which is over 2,000, quite a stunning number I have to say.

Yvonne

Archived