First Quilt - Made her cry

:D Wonderful story and beautiful quilt - you have been so encouraging to this new quilter by going the extra mile!

I had an elderly lady recently that brought really unsuitable thin backing - I tried to use it but it was terrible - so I took everything off the machine and started again. I substituted the backing with a lovely off cut of proper backing fabric that I had left over from one of my own projects, which just 'happened' to be the right size and right colour! Some things are meant to be!

Thank you all for the lovely comments! She was such a sweet lady; I'm SO glad that I could make her dream of a handmade quilt for her granddaughter come true! Quilting is truly my dream vocation and I love being a part of so many folks' adventures in fabric. BTW, everything I know about LA has been here on the forum, so you all are a BIG part of this, too! All the sharing, stories, design ideas that you all give so freely has helped shape me as a quilter. Everyone reach around and pat themselves on the back, and keep posting and sharing!:P:P

Vicki , it does my heart good to hear your warm and caring story, you put aside your own discomfort to help and the result was wonderful. A very happy customer and maybe one for life. Imagine what she will be telling her friends about you and the result could well be more work!!!!!

Yvonne

Archived