double batt question

what combos of batting have y'all used for the quilting to have some better definition?

i have a show quilt that i want to use two batts in the quilting and want opinions and feedback. i'm really wanting to stay away from wool if i can...is dream puff a polyester?

what's your opinion/experience on the subject :)

Dream Puff is kind of a fooler. Straight out of the package it doesn't look like anything special. I tossed it in the dryer with a damp towel to fluff it up. I opened the dryer, pulled out the batting and it had increased in thickness at least twice. It is soft and has nice drape, but it's kinda reminded me of big hair :)

Renee'

Shannon,

When I double batt, I use cotton (Dream Cotton Select) or 80/20 on the bottom and layer wool on top. But then most of my customer don't want any poly in or used on their quilts. However I would use Dream Puff as a top layer if I could get the customer's OK. I actually prefer 80/20 on bottom because it does not have the stretch that Dream cotton does and I personally think the quilts hang better.

I will be driving through ATL in a couple of weeks, I will give a big wave in your direction! Boy, do I wish my dogs count for HOV...

Archived