Need ideas for Celtic Knot

If you did a filler in the white, that would make the knot pop but then you would need to do something similar in density in the borders so it would lay flat. In my opinion, you still need to quilt something where the knots overlap so that they define the rope. just my opinion. I'm surprised you haven't heard from the crowd by now.

Donna, I am always begging for help so don't know if I can help much or not, but here;s my 2 cents worth: I would do a small design filler in all the white areas and get as close as you can to the Celetic Knot to make it stand out since you can't do the SID. I would do a geometric design in the borders changing to light thread in the dark areas and dark thread in the light areas. If you were planniog on quilting in the Knot lines in the center of the quilt, I would create something that looks like it's chasing itself in a cricle of the knot line. Like leaves all goign one way withing that color. Good luck, I assumed this was a wall hanging size.

Shar

I like Heidi's idea too, you could also use small curvy (don't remember what they are called, but they look like an upside down tear drop that are each echoed...for the background fill...with all of the straight lines, something curvy in the background would soften it....

Originally posted by quilted charm

I like Heidi's ideas too. Heidi, what do you use to draw with. It would be great to be able to doodle on a photo of your actual quilt!

Sorry I didn't see this post. I had Lasik surgery done and seeing has been a struggle but I'm happy to say that the blur is going away and it is wonderful not to have to wear glasses 24/7. I will still have to read readers. They say it is an age thing. :-(.

I have a Tablet and I draw on pictures using paint and the stylus pen. I love it!

Archived