Is there an embarrassed button???!!!!!!!

Guest LA

Gotta love it! Is it ok to laugh harder than when it was me on the sending side?

Come on, ladies. Linda isn't alone in this, right? OK...here's mine.

In a brief power outage at work, I used my laptop to continue working. My husband had asked what was for lunch. I replied...to another open email which happened to be a group email list of hundreds of our engineers...located around the world. Whew! That could have been a whole lot worse...we could have been talking about something a whole lot more private.

Not long after that my friend Faye called for my famous carrot cake recipe...I entered "F" in the address to find Faye and "flex" was populated...my flex-plan provider. Yep...got a reply on Monday following. LOL

Blessed is she who can laugh at herself for she shall never cease to be amused...that's my motto!

Last but not least, here's one that literally made training material for "what not to do" as a Human Resource employee. Our VP decided to copy himself on a mailing of a spreadsheet that included all personal and professional data for every employee, including performance ranking, ssn, salary, and...drum roll please...who was getting laid off and their severance package. He used "Al" to pull up his name and the group "All_mycompanyname_emploees" group was populated....and EVERYONE received it. About 90% were successfully recalled...took years to undo the damage.

Anita

OMG! I completely understand!

The other day I (finally) heard (in an email) from a contractor I had been trying to get to call me back, I thought I had FORWARDED it to my business partner along with a short paragraph ragging on him for not getting back with me sooner - NOT! I had hit "REPLY" instead!!!

Needless to say, that was a couple of weeks ago.... don't think I'll be hearing from him again - at all!

SO, I'm with ya girl!

just grab those readers. and get a couple of 'leashes' for them at the dollar store! Because the next thing is that you'll set them down somewhere, lose them and need them.

and, put a spare pair in your purse, sewing bag, etc.

Last week, was helping a dgf do some sewing, and they were laughing at me for doing 'doubles' (wearing two at a time) while ripping black thread from black fabric. But hey, it works! :(

OMG, I love it, especially the funeral director :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

I have readers in almost every room. I actually had an eye doctor tell me "honey, you're just getting old":( Lord, he didn't have to remind me). He also told me not to waste my money on prescription glasses. He said to get reading glasses (cheaper), however, he did say don't buy the dollar glasses get the better ones which run around $20.00.:cool::cool::cool:

Linda, you are too funny! :D

I love the word "eclectic" No that is not misspelled. ECLECTIC, means

selecting or choosing from various sources.

made up of what is selected from different sources.

not following any one system, as of philosophy, medicine, etc., but selecting and using what are considered the best elements of all systems.

noting or pertaining to works of architecture, decoration, landscaping, etc., produced by a certain person or during a certain period, that derive from a wide range of historic styles, the style in each instance often being chosen for its fancied appropriateness to local tradition, local geography, the purpose to be served, or the cultural background of the client.

Why is it that when I named my quilt "Eclectic DWR" that it showed up in the printed program as "Electric DWR"???

I just went along with it. Figured someone wasn't wearing glasses...:P

Archived