log cabin mess all sorted out!!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you for all your advice!!!! I sent the customer an email explaining that I would like her to come and pick up her quilt (free of charge) I explained that I had consulted many experts in the quilting industry and the batting thing and suggested she try the dryer trick. Well she called that night and we spoke for 20 min. She appreciates the work I did, I do beautiful work, she doesn't want any bad feelings. etc.. etc.. She said she has too much integrity to not pay. There is no option...she will pay for the quilt. I had spent about 3 hours with a toothpick the night before pushing the batt back in. When she came to pick it up she cried and hugged me. She knew it would now be all better. She took it home did the dryer trick and has herself pushed in the few left over pokies. She is thrilled!!!! She said she will never bring me her own batting again. She will always purchase for me from now on. What a freakin' nightmare week!!! Thanks so much for all your help. You girls (and guys) are the best. Don't know how I would have dealt with it without all of you.

Tracey

Tracey

I am so glad that this is resolved for both you and your customer. I have to agree that there is alot of expertise here on the forum and it serves us all so well. Thank you to everyone who contributes both in problems and problem solving. It is a learning experience on both sides of the coin. When a similar situation happens to any of us, we have the forum to look back at and forward to. Blessings to you all.

Tracey, congratulations on coming through this with both your reputation and standard of customer satisfaction intact. you did Great!!

Archived