Has anyone adjusted their Mag Collar?

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

I have, for some time, been having a problem with bobbin thread snapping off in the hook/bobbin assembly. At first it was very infrequently, but it has begun to get frequent enough that it is becoming frustrating. According to the manual, I most likely need to adjust my Mag Collar, but this looks a bit daunting. Have any of you done this with success?

Guest Linda S

Vicki - it's way in the back of the machine, has two little magnets on it and it controls (apparently) the rotation of the stitch formation around the hook. My thread keeps getting caught in the groove because it's a bit off to the left, when it should be slightly over to the right. It's a bummer when you have perfect tension, but your thread keeps getting caught! Argh. I'm going to wait and fix it in the morning.

Guest Linda S

I'm glad I got the manual out to figure out what was going on. I was beginning to think I'd have to run some dental floss or something through there to figure out what was catching the thread. Okay -- as soon as I finish my coffee, I'm off to give it a whirl.

Guest Linda S

Well, the mag collar seems to be fine. Hook is in the right position when the needle cycles. Timing looks great. Thread keeps catching at the 7-8 o'clock position and I have to take out the bobbin case and and rotate the hook to get the thread to let go. We're going to try a new hook, which will be shipped to me tomorrow.

Linda:

Interesting that you are learning about your mag collar this past week as I have also...turns out my issue is not the collar either but did learn how to adjust it. Even retimed the machine...getting lots of practice refreshing the brain on procedures done before and new ones. I love how the staff at APQS emails such great pictures/instructions and helps walk you through each step if you have questions.

Archived