Finished this Safe Haven Quilt...

Despite my SR giving up the ghost, I finished quilting this Thimbleberries BOM called Safe Haven. My Customer finished it after 10 years in her UFO pile....

The hardest part of no SR was the SID, the rest I made out fine with, hmmm, perhaps I will stop using SR like a crutch...

Here is the link to my pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quilting-From-the-Heart-Longarm-Service/116724648427031?sk=wall

Guest Linda S

Gorgeous quilting, but I'm a little confused. Do you not have a stitch regulator? You said you'd had a little difficulty doing the SID without one, but then that you use the SR as a crutch. At any rate, either way, your quilting is lovely.

Originally posted by Linda S

Gorgeous quilting, but I'm a little confused. Do you not have a stitch regulator? You said you'd had a little difficulty doing the SID without one, but then that you use the SR as a crutch. At any rate, either way, your quilting is lovely.

I suppose I was a bit confusing. On a post last week I mentioned my SR was not working. Still isn't but I wanted to get this done, so I carried on in non SR mode. I was surprized how well I made out, thus the reference to using SR as a crutch.;)

Originally posted by donna sco

First your quilting is wonderful. Then your pictures are also great showing the designs. Do you have a special photo setup? I can't seem to get my stitching to show up in pictures.

Nothing so special, just a cheap Digital camera, however it does have a Micro button that I always have on when I photograph quilts. Without it on the photos are not nearly so good....

Guest Linda S

Oh! Now I understand. Believe me, an SR is not a crutch. It's a tool. If you've got one, you should use it (as long as it's working), ;) Of course, it's nice to know you can handle it if yours is broken!

Archived