Kaliedoscope quilt, any ideas?

Laura I tried to post a message, and it replied there was no such topic. No idea what is going on.

I'd use a lot of outline, I'd outline the turquoise and black areas, and only put a pattern or design in the turquoise areas. Putting something in them would depend on width.

The borders are beautiful but as for a design.. I'm totally at loss. Maybe just a meander. Or piano keys.

Background in the blocks needs to be black thread and something that highlights the focal part.

Beautiful centers, and to hear they are kaleidoscope burns my mind. I use to make them, but only had 8 sections to them making it realitively easy.

Others with better ideas will pop on as their morning business settles in a bit.

Good luck,

RitaR

I'd do a spirograph over each blcok ina subtle thread that just adds movment and dimension-- stitch the "arrows" 1/4" in from the edge to echo their design -- a simple sashing tretment in the outer sashing with corner stones -- another spiro like desing in the purple corner stones, SID the green/yellow skinny border beadboard (or a simple two scollop swag) in the outer border and ouline (SID) the final corner stones.

Hi Again. I'm seeing it differenty now.

In the outer border it would look good with a kind of a cross hatch.. just one row of V's and the other way crossing it with upside down V's. Just one crossover. I think that is carrying on the straight lines of the sashing. Double or tripple swags to fit the size of the borders. Clam shells would look good too.

the small inner border I had an idea for, and now??? maybe I'll remember it soon.

The corner blocks do something special in the black outer border, sid the outer and inner sides of the turquoise and just a small meander around the circle motif.

Oh, the inner border, the one that to me looks like owl eyes, lol, I would do the Christmas candy or one similar to a figure 8.

Laura,

That is a pretty quilt. I love the colors. I would do a dense background fill in all the black. That will make the rest of it pop. For the blocks I would pick part of the design to stitch around. It looks beautiful so the quilting will too. I wouldn't get too crazy with it because it is so busy a lot won't show. On the borders you could do the same thing or do piano keys in the outside border and something else in the middle border. I would do something very showy in the torquoise sashing. Either dramatic line work or feathers or whatever else will be showy because it is what will really show.

I just did a medallion type quilt, and like Heidi suggested, I outlined the medallion, picked an element or two and stitched them in metallic with McTavishing in the black background. The customer was happy with the little bit of "bling" and it did look nice.

I agree...something pretty in the plain turquoise..and this will be stunning.

Archived