Magna glide classic bobbins

Marie, I too am a convert!!!! I need to replace my tension dial on my Freedom but am frightened to try. I got the Magna glides and still had to fool around with the tension until I got it right! Oh, my!! What have I been waiting??? I man need to start charging a thread price because they are expensive (to me) but I sure do love them!!!!!

Guest Linda S

They have been adding more colors. And, you can buy the Magna Glide Delights in a whole bunch of colors. I haven't wound one bobbin since I started using these. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!

This is the link to the Magna Glide Classics. They have gold, red, lavender, blue---and etc.

I hope they have more colors soon.

http://www.bobbincentral.com/magnaglide.html

I love their magnetic bobbins. However, I wish they did not have minimum order restrictions. I just looked at their "Core" recycling program as I have quite a few collected now. That was a disappointment. They give you a credit of $3.00 for sending back one of their shipping boxes full of magnetic cores. That won't even pay for postage. Guess I will find another use for them---:(

Guest Linda S

Angie - if you order one of the big boxes of 100 classic bobbins, not only does it come with the coupon for the $3.00 credit, it comes with a return shipping label. Definitely worth the time and energy to return the cores to be used again.

I greatly appreciate the kind words about our bobbins. I also noted that there are several comments requesting that we add more colors..

We can consider doing this, but we need specific feedback on what colors to add as in samples of the color to match, or simply by trying to match our glide thread name as closely as possible. When adding colors, we also have to make each bobbin color in style's "L" and "M". I look forward to hearing from you.

The MagnaGlides are awesome because they eliminate the "backlash" of the bobbin when you change directions; the magnet holds the bobbin to the case so it doesn't jerk around. It makes total sense when you think about it. Just remember to take out the spring in the bobbin case. I bet Fil-Tec would send a return shipping label when you order Delights if you ask them to. They do come wth the 100 bobbin classics as stated earlier.

Pea green would be great. I also find one similar to glide light copper color blend with lots. Other requests (looking at glide color chart for comparison) warm grey 6, chocolate, khaki, coffee, lt turquoise, sky, burnt orange, rust, teal, cool mint, lt. olive, pink, maroon, cornflower, honey gold,.... or how about all of them?!!! Seriously, anything you give us is a bonus....

I was so impressed with Fil Tec from their Glide thread to their bobbins to their customer service. I personally got to meet the Fil-Tec guys and talk with Chris at the AQS show in Lancaster a few weeks ago. After that I bought the whole line of Glide thread for my store. I'm going to start with Glide and their magna Glide bobbins and grow from there! It will be something different and good for this area!

Nothing but praise for Fil-Tec!

I just ordered some Glide bobbin delights and do like them but they are only 72 yards and Superior's are 118 yards for way less money. I do like them but I honestly don't think there is a difference that I notice though the magnetic core does make a lot of sense. What do you think? Thanks for posting this because I now realize that there is a difference in weight between the delights and the classics and perhaps the classics would be a better choice for me as there would be more thread on them. Anyways, looking forward to more posts regarding this!

Cher

Archived