"Over the River" finished

Thanks for the grin-making comments!

As for a few questions asked--I used cream So Fine to quilt on the embroidery. I quilted along the edge of the red stitching throughout. This is my third one like this so I had a good feel for what I could get away with! The trees are stitched up the trunk, along a branch and then either along an intersecting branch or down the other side until I came to another branch. Did that make sense?:) I didn't stitch every branch but made sure to have each one evenly quilted.

Hints for those who want to make one of these great embroidered quilts. I don't know if the pattern calls for it, but use two layers of cream fabric to embroider on. That way no knots or jump-stitches shadow through. This is a great hint since I have seen one without the double fabric and the white batting underneath the cream fabric shines a spotlight on any stray threads or knots in the red floss.

Secondly, when my customer picks up this red and white one we will have a discussion as to whether she can live with the occasional spots where my cream thread is very obvious on top of her red embroidery. If she's OK (that "three feet away I can't see it" thing) fine. But if not, out will come my red Pigmas and she can direct me where she would like "corrections" made. Pigma pens are a quilter's best friend! (Next to Sewer's Aid and chocolate!:P;))

Again, thanks for the kind remarks--I'm excited to see the Moxies tomorrow. We'll be talking about the forum and all the good friends we have here!

Archived