Love to feather........the rest needs work!

My sister pieced this quilt top 8 years ago. It has been sitting in her closet waiting to be quilted ever since. When I got my Millenium in Sept., I told her to send it to me and I would quilt it for practice.

After I did the feathers, I planned to show it to quilt shops to help get me work. But after doing the rest of the quilt, I am not as happy with it.

But I wanted to share, because I LOVE looking at all of your pictures!

Hi Jzollin, :)

I like your feathers, I haven't tried them free-hand yet, just panto's so far.

More than once I've handed a custoner back her quilt & hoped she didn't look to closely, not that it was awful, but that I wish I could have done better.

I have gotten much better, & I will continue to improve, I'm still warning people that I'm very new at this craft, & have asked them to tell me if there is somthing they don't like, so far I havn't had any complaints, The big mistakes I've made, I've caught, fixed, & learned from, the wavey lines & backtracking, are still a problem I'm working on.

In a few years we'll be so good at this LAing, people will send us their quilt-tops from all over the contry, just so they can have them quilted by the "Fantastic" LAer's we'll be.;);)

Archived