NOW FINISHED W/pics - ok, I'm out of ideas - Any Suggesttions???

Originally posted by anicatt

That's lovely :)

Ok - a question - where do you start with something like that ??? The CC on the squares first? - Ani

I'll answer, since I walk'd PJ thru this. I had her draw "off" with chalk the area she would NOT be quilting her feather's in. The 2 back-to-back CCw/swirls, where one's in one colored block, and one's in the other. Then you just start quilting on the diagonal your feather's using the seam of the blocks as your spine. Then when feather's are down, you come back and do your 9 patch and filler area with whatever.

I finally finished Verla's quilt. It came out pretty good. I was never able to overcome the dislexia on the curls, but that's ok.....Also never seemed to be able to go more than 3 blocks without a start and a stop. Saying all that, I loved the design and the method of looking at blocks differently than I had in the past. Working on the diagonal really added to the texture of the quilt. I tried to look on the back to see the design, but the back fabric is so busy that you really can't see it. I will use this idea again in the future and will use a plain back fabric so that you can see the beauty of the pattern. Ok, here are some pics of it finished.

2847250080094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

2432717040094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Archived