Fabric.com update

Does anyone buy fabric from Fabric.com? I ordered some yardage, but didn't receive all that I ordered. No note saying it was out of stock. Sent an email, but haven't heard anything yet. Just got an email acknowledging my email and stating due to high volume it would be 2 days before someone responded. Have others had good experiences with this company?

Thanks,

Carol

*Update*: Contacted customer service. They were very nice and are refunding the difference. The fabric is no longer available. Glad for the refund but bummed about the fabric.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences.

Guest Linda S

Usually, at on-line sites, there is a box at check-out that says:

I love this fabric, if you don't have all I ordered, send what you have OR

I have a special project in mind, if you don't have enough of this, cancel my order

Did you not see that box? They should only have charged you for what you ordered. What did the receipt say?

I ordered some minky that appeared very different on the website from what I received so I wrote them stating I thought they sent the wrong fabric. It took a while for them to reply, but they did and just sent out the fabric again. If they messed up your order, I think they will make it right. They are pretty good about that kind of stuff in my experience with them.

Jen

I have had good experience with them until my last 2 orders...........both were botched. One was fleece where the printing didn't come out right and some colors missing. I e-mailed them and they asked me to send back the bad piece and it would be replaced.........they paid for the return...........BUT when the replacement piece came, it was exactly like the first piece ! Obviously the whole bolt was bad and no one bothered to check before hacking off another piece to send to me. If I didn't know better I'd swear they sent me back the same piece I returned. So, I asked for a refund this time since I didn't have time to reorder again. Well, a few weeks ago I placed another order, chalking the first expierience up to "stuff happens"...........they sent me a completely WRONG selection. I was ordering a baseball print and I got football print. This time they told me to keep the football print as a courtesy and then sent me the baseball print I wanted in the first place. Another lady I know had a similar experience. Now, I am not so sure I want to order from them again - especially if I am on a time limit and need the fabric I order without having to worry it will be wrong and I will have to reorder again. Once can be chalked up to "just one of those things", but twice is poor service in the shipping area ! I really hate this as they do have a wonderful selection to choose from, but if I can't depend on them, then ???

I order a lot from them, and 99% of the time have had good experiences. But I have had a couple times when they sent the wrong fabric. One time I ordered three yards of a purple tonga batik. They got back to be quickly and apologized that it was out of stock. This seemed understandable, as they were having a batik sale, so I just picked another. I soon from heard from them again -- this also had gone out of stock. Sooooo, I pick a third choice, time went by, and I kept expecting it in the mail. Three weeks after ordering, they sent another email saying this last choice was also gone. There had been a lot of it when I ordered, so I think they just didn't put this last one through in a timely manner. I was very disappointed and cancelled the whole order.

That being said, I still order from them and will continue to do so. They have so many good deals, and the no shipping charge if order is at least $35 is unbeatable! I suspect that they have a few employees who just don't care and do whatever is easiest for them in packing and shipping orders. I just wish they would replace them.

Archived