I must confess

I've had this big customer quilt on my frame for almost 3 weeks and last night about 9:30 I was going to finish it or else. While I was working on it the day before, I noticed after rolling it forward that I had missed a spot. So I put a piece of blue painter's tape on that spot on the back to remind me where I need to roll back to in order to fix it. Do you see where this is going? I finished the last border, rolled back to where I missed quilting a small triangle of McTavishing and fixed the spot. I unloaded the quilt, flipped it over to the back and yep, I quilted over the blue painter's tape. At least the quilting perforated the tape and it was fairly easy to pull off, but boy did I feel stupid.

Hope this gives your morning a small giggle and know you're not alone in those V8 moments. ;)

A looooong time ago:). I was using a stencil on a quilt and after I rolled the quilt to another are and started quilting., Pop, Pop, Pop. Yup, somehow I got the stencil inside the quilt sandwich and proceeded to quilt right through the stencil. :):):):):)

Some days I'm just really glad my head is attached to my shoulders or I would have no clue where it is. Hopefully not being quilted in to the customers quilt.

Originally posted by chrisquilter

A looooong time ago:). I was using a stencil on a quilt and after I rolled the quilt to another are and started quilting., Pop, Pop, Pop. Yup, somehow I got the stencil inside the quilt sandwich and proceeded to quilt right through the stencil. :):):):):)

Some days I'm just really glad my head is attached to my shoulders or I would have no clue where it is. Hopefully not being quilted in to the customers quilt.

I know the feeling!! The other day I was quilting along happily when the machine hesitated and stopped... I looked at the hopping foot and saw it sitting on top of a funny shaped patch... Touched it and realised, I had put my little thread scissor on the backing roller and must have advanced the quilt and gotten it into the quilt sandwich and neatly sewn it into the quilt. I was horrified and then thankful that I didn't damage my machine or my customers quilt :D!!

Archived