Hearts Signature quilt done!

I handed this quilt over yesterday and she was very please. So thanks for all of your help with design suggestions.

I had a real mental block with this. I think my new job (temp thank heavens & looking for something less draining!) is sucking all my creativity! I had to frog quite a few times before I could make a design work. Changed from cream thread to monofilament for the hearts and their sashing. In the black sashing she requested dark grey thread. That was really hard to do. I think staring at 2 computer screens all day is not doing my eyes any good!:(

post--1346190858397_thumb.jpg

and another of the block and sashing. I did DeLoa's Ribbon hearts in the black sashing but had to come up with something different for the sashing going across as I couldn't think how to make the ribbon hearts go crossways! The flower sashing has a little looping flower. Hard to see I know! It was too late at night & I couldn't hang the quilt as I usually do as I already had a larger quilt hanging there for a customer who didn't pick up that evening! So this is hung by DH in poor kitchen light!

post--13461908584156_thumb.jpg

Archived