favor to ask

as you know, Davis is in Afghanistan and i have a favor to ask.

Mail Call is a big deal there! and Davis's Birthday is coming soon- July 7th. i have asked in the past to email bomb him birthday wishes (and he loved it), and this year i'm asking that you send him mail call birthday landslide- it can be simple- a note, card, or anything! it takes approximately 3 weeks for first class mail to get to him, so you'll need to get it headed that way soon!

i don't want him to feel forgotten on his birthday, being so far from home....it would mean TONS to him!

if you would like to send him a birthday card- email me or U2U me and i'll send you his address.

the only thing i ask is to NOT post his address online: blogs, social media pages, or forums. His security and safety could be compromised....

thanks so much! in advance

alot are assuming that davis is a soldier....he isn't, but what he is doing is protecting our soldiers. davis is making sure the wires and wiring are safe in the ancient Russian bases that the US is using in afghan. he also maintains the generators and their batteries so that the various bases can keep an open line of communication between them.

he catches 'service calls' and rides in military convoys and helos right along side the soldiers. couple months ago an insurgent sniper bullet missed him by mere feet....*scary*

so thank you to everyone who is sending cards- it will make his day!!!

i post plenty of quilty pictures on my blog :)

here's a picture of the two of us in Paris last week

post--13461908748609_thumb.jpg

yup, he's a military electrical contractor. he flys to all the different bases (in the helos with the soldiers) to maintain their generator's batteries and to make sure the wires and wiring are safe.

he says his only regret was not joining the service and defending the country, so this is how he can serve his country- keeping the soldiers safe on the bases.

Card is ready to be mailed. Hopefully mail call will be totally fun. He has to be a great catch, he has the same B-day as my hubby! Our oldest son worked in Iraq for 20 months, also as a contractor. I had always thought he would have been to one to join the military, but didn't. He has been back home for a year now, & his sons & wife are so very happy, along with me.

Shannon, civilians contracted to do anything over there are to be commended, and prayers said for their safety, just like our military. My SIL has done three tours over there, and on his last deployment he scheduled the contracted worker's schedules on the base as part of his duties. On more than one occasion his Skype calls to his wife (my daughter) were cut short due to insurgent activity against the base. Local citizens, contracted US citizens and the soldiers were, and are, at risk every day. We owe them so much! And ((hugs)) to you for your sacrifice as well, you are one of the unspoken heroes.

I gladly will send him a card - I will U2@ you.

Archived