my bad dream came true

You know you're talented enough to accomplish a beautiful quilting job for her!

Talk to her and let her know your expertise is freehand quilting (explain to her what that is) and that you will definitely be able to execute the "feel" of the quilting she likes, but with your own personal spin on the designs. You'll do great!

Hi Suzan,

For the last few years, I've quilted for a magazine with quilt designs developed in AutoCad. Although it hasn't always been easy, it has been a great experience for me. It has definitely gotten me out of my comfort zone and has definitely helped me to own up to the 'hand guided' of what I do. Remember that you can substitute patterns that you don't think you can do 'computerized'. The quilter will understant.

Donna

Guest Linda S

A lot of the computer guided designs are build around stencils. I know many of you, indeed most of you, are talented enough to do those designs, even if you need to use a ruler or a template to negotiate some of the ins and outs. If your customer really wants the design, I would explain what it would take for you to reproduce that and really crank up your price. Anything is possible, but make sure you get paid for it!

Hey, not to worry, I often more than not receive requests to mix the computer generated sewing with the hand guided so that the quilt looks more personal and the value increases. A good hand guided artistry is a valuable thing!! At least in my neighborhood.---Je HPE vous bien faire avec cela, sauterelle

Archived