What would you do? Updated & Done!

My mom made the Little Brown Bird applique quilt. Little itty bitty applique pieces in this quilt (the little circles in the lower flower are 1/2" around.) I have options - stitch around all the little itty bitty pieces or micro-stitch around the cream areas (or mix it up in the different squares.) Wool batting being used.

What would you?

Much thanks!!!!

post--13461908978666_thumb.jpg

Pretty pretty pretty!

You have so many options with this one!

Use the same fill behind every block and outline the pieces.

Use a different fill behind the applique--I would probably pick two and alternate them. Like McTavishing and a peacock fill.

Or pick one fill you love in alternate blocks and a narrow echo in the other ones.

Or (are you confused yet?) stitch a frame a quarter inch inside the seams--that will give you a half-inch faux sashing and really set off the blocks. It will add structure and contain whatever fills you decide to use.

I've enjoyed quilting two LBB tops and know you will enhance this already-gorgeous top with your quilting!

And I'll add--Wool batting? Yahoo!

I used a computer motif in the triangles and then used the swirly aspect in the backgrounds. Small in some squares, larger in others. I was getting way too complicated - ever do that?

This applique doesn't lend itself to being stitched down right up against it. Tried it and it was ucky. :(

My mom did this one so I think what I'm doing is ok.

Whatcha all think?

post--13461908973087_thumb.jpg

Archived