Stitch regulator or not?

I am fairly new to this forum....and I haven't seen this addressed, maybe I should know this but I don't.....so here I am asking...

Are you all using your stitch regulator or doing all of this beautiful stitching in Manuel mode? Specifically when using rulers/templates or Quiltazoid/Circle Lord..... And....do you use an extended base when using your Quiltazoid/Circe Lord?

I have found that their is certain things I don't use stitch regulator for, but for the most part I do use it. It is a personal preference. I do use it for rulers and templates as well as pantographs and the Quiltazoid. I only use the extended base when I am using rulers or microdrive handles. That is how I do it.

Hope this helps.

Shirley

I have the Hartley extended plate that I use whenever I use rulers or the microdrive handles. Otherwise I take it off, partly because it is sometimes in the way and also because it adds weight. I do most of my background fills in manual mode and depending on what edge to edge I'm doing, I sometimes do those in manual mode too. But for all ruler work and for pantographs, I always use my SR.

Archived