stumped....

.....for a name! Any idea's? This is another little mini quilt that I have been obsessed with lately. It measures 9x12. The quilting detail has been enhanced with marking pens and is an original design. The diamond crosshatch in the center reminds me of an old argyle sweater so I just can't seem to get that off my mind when trying to come up with a name! You all have been so good at bouncing ideas off of and I loved the suggestion of the last one that I asked for help on!

Sherry,

This is so 3-d! I feel like I'm looking through a tangle of vines to a doorway ala the children's book The Secret Garden, the way in wa a door in a wall, not a gate. Or even a doorlatch with a keyhole in the middle, like the old Victorian doorplates with a keyhole. This is almost hypnotic to look at. How about Door To My Garden? I just love this!

OH Sherry it is just too beautiful for words!! For some reason it reminds me of Alice in Wonderland. It is like going down the rabbit's hole into wonderland. My gosh I certainly hope I can do something a quarter as beautiful someday.You are truly an inspiration

Hi Sherry - well, I think that it looks like a very large frame around a small mirror with vines & leaves found in a fantasy world, so maybe "Fantasy Looking Glass" or something to do with mirrors? Anyway, many good suggestions here. I can tell that I don't only need to do more PPP on my quilting, but also on my coloring.! ! ! :) You continually amaze me with your work. Thanks for inspiring us.

Love it, Sherry! The vines remind me of Morning Glory vines and the center looks like a large daisy. How about Daisy Gory? Just kidding... I like the idea of Garden something or Something Garden. You are so creative I'm sure you will come up with a very good name for it.

Shirley:D

It never crossed my mind but thanks for the suggestion! Maybe I will check into this someday.

Originally posted by dancingstitcher

"Garden Doorbell". Very pretty and nicely creative. Have you thought about a card line from your creative minis? They look like they should be shared in print. I'd buy some and then dream of being able to make something like that when my experience grows.

Vicki

I doubt it, the Alzheimers Quilt Auction shares an awsome way to sleeve your piece. It is the slickest thing I have ever seen. Check it out here:

http://www.amisimms.com/howtomarecos.html

Originally posted by Ritathequilter

It also has a very celtic look to it....how about Celtic Harlequin?

Very pretty work Sherry. Will you get it framed?

Rita

Archived