NQR granddaughter having gallbladder surgery

Thoughts and prayers and a quick recovery for Linzy! It seems to be trending towards younger and younger people needing gallbladder surgery!

Sylvia, my mom could never get back to eating regular kinds of foods like sausage or bacon and pretty much anything fatty. It has been about 10 years since she has had hers out and she says once certain foods hit her stomach, she feels sick and it goes through her, if you know what I mean. I hope this isn't your problem, too! She has learned which foods to stay away from and does pretty well otherwise but it took her a while to figure it what she could and couldn't tolerate. My daughter's new SIL had hers out this year at the age of 22 and she bounced right back and can eat anything (which probably isn't a good thing, I think!).

I had my gallbladder removed 8 weeks postpartum. It took about 10 days to recover, but there were other factors! I am eating normally, and have not had to restrict my foods, although I choose not to eat refined grains, or most refined foods, really, because there is a link between gallbladder issues and gluten sensitivities (which is funny, because all you eat while you avoid fatty stuff is pasta!). over 60% of women will have gall bladder issues at some point in their lives, in many cases after hormonal changes due to pregnancy. Nothing she did, women are just more susceptible to gallbladder issues.

best of luck!

thanks everyone for great info. This is the first issue Linzy has had. They tested all areas and organs before deciding on surgery. she is a cheerleader and I know it will be hard for her to slow down for recovery. I am in Oklahoma and she is in New Mexico so I will make the 10 hr trip today. Please pray also for me since I will be traveling alone. This forum is such a comfort.

Archived