How did you pick your username?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I consider it to be my first name, but mos companies store it as my last name because it is what they search on. It is my only name. That's it. That is one of the reasons people remember it.

Funnily the only customs in the world that have a problem with it as the British. Go figure, I can get into other countries OK but not back into my own. In fact in general the English seem to have more of a problem with it than other nationalities.

Ferret

Jeanne, I had a neighbor across the street when I was a little kid whose cat's name was Patches. Unfortunately we hated her (the cat!) because she came and sat in front of our screen door and made our dog crazy. One day our dog jumped at the screen so hard it came unlatched and she chased the cat across the street. Cat made it, dog didn't. Had to have her put down as she would turn scary in cold weather after that.

Well, not such a positive story for the morning, is it? Anyway, I wondered if you were in that family and I just can't remember anybody but the boy, whose name was Scott. Would be interesting, huh? Well, other coincidences have happened, though I suppose Patches is not such a farout name for a calico kitty, is it?

Thanks for the welcome, and I can tell this is going to be fun. Enjoyed reading about everyone's usernames. All the nice people here make it warm. :)

Patty

Patty:

No, I wasn't in that family, but it would have been cool for it to have been. Have you ever lived in the KC area? It's weird the way things happen like that. I've lived in this area all my life, and Patches we had until just a few years ago. Are all calico cats called Patches? I didn't even say she was a calico, but you knew!!!

This forum has some of the neatest ladies! I rarely ever see any negative comments, usually very uplifting and positive, and even the most talented don't seem to have an ego, they are always helpful and friendly. There is also a lot of information here if you need help.

Again, welcome.

Originally posted by shadows4

Patty:

No, I wasn't in that family, but it would have been cool for it to have been. Have you ever lived in the KC area? It's weird the way things happen like that. I've lived in this area all my life, and Patches we had until just a few years ago. Are all calico cats called Patches? I didn't even say she was a calico, but you knew!!!

When I was a kid growing up in Novato, Califorina, I had a beautiful calico cat named Patches, too. LOL! :) OK, I heard this somewhere a long time ago and I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard that all calico cats are female. Is that true?

Shana

Originally posted by Ferret

It is my only name, but people do want to see it as one or the other. It's kinda odd really. It's just my name, all of it :)

Ferret

Ferret, I think it's very cool to have only one name (first and last). In fact, I have met one person in my life just like you: only has one name and was given that name at birth. I really like the name Ferret.

My username is my initials and my birthday - July 19. I too am trying to think of a business name. I LOVE flamingos and all my friends think the name should have flamingo in it. I'm stumped, but have been trying out Pink Flamingo Longarm Quilting. I also tried longarm backwards but it comes out Mr. Agnol!!! OK, I'm strange!

Stephanie

Also re: calico cats - yes, all are female. We had one named Mittens...-4- white paws. I took her to the vet one day and the nurse asked her name. I said Mittens. She said "look at her pretty little boots". I said "No, they're mittens!!" I think that's hysterical!!

Also, did you know that all the -6- toed cats at the Hemingway house in Key West are related to each other? I think that's pretty interesting.

Stephanie

Ferret,

You seem like a very unique person, and I mean that as a compliment!! I have a good friend that is like you (from what I've gathered from your posts) and she's a wonderful friend, and a joy to watch the way she thinks, because she usually thinks "outside the box" and I'm usually the opposite.

Stephanie,

You are thinking way too hard...

Ferrett,

That is cool that you have only one name - I didn't even know that was possible - unless you are Prince, Madona and Cher...and now Ferrett - cool.

I knew that all calico cats were female - and I thought it was like Twilight Zone - and Jeanne, you know I am old enough!! I use that bit of information when I am trying to show my DH and kids how smart I am.

I had a friend that had a cat with 6 toes....his name was ET - get it Extra Toes!! To funny!!

My username is pretty plain...Tina was taken. I almost went with AmberJack. That''s my middle name and my DH's name. We used to live in Miami, FL, and there is a fish that is an amberjack. We have toyed with the name Amberjack Crafts, but I like the new name better.

Re: Calico cats, MOST are female, but there are some male. Orange cats are almost always male, but thereare exceptions there too.

Growing up, we had a calico male who loved sleeping in the fireplace (in the summer) named Ashley. He was one of those cats that thought he was a dog. No Patches, but I had another calico female with a pretty peach face named Peaches.

My favorite pet name is for my number one dog, Suede. He is a xolo (aka Mexican Hairless). The vet calls him a suitcase with legs. Really he feels like soft leather.

Oops! Sorry for babbling!

Mary Beth, you crack me up! I wouldn't use the info about calico cats being all female any more, since Tina gave us the scoop that there are males ones too. Then your family will just roll their eyes whenever you try to look smart (kinda like my family does).

Tina: I like that name Amberjack. Never heard it before. And I'll take solice from the fact that you had a Peaches calico. That's only a letter away.

Do you have a picture of your dog?

Now about that name gardenslug. I have been an avid gardener for years and used this name in correspondence with all of my gardening friends. Just seemed easier to keep it. And I do fit the description - short and stubby; but hopefully not slimy. I'm going to keep it anyway. It is a memory thing. Don't remember too well anymore, so have to keep it simple. (Isn't this fun?)

Marilyn

Archived