How did you pick your username?

This may sound silly, but for quite some time I've been intrigued by the usernames used on these forums. Some make sense and others are so unique that I'm curious how you all came to choose yours. I know this has nothing to do with quilting, but I've been wondering for a while.

Mine is the name of our son's dog and the number in our family. Kinda tame, I know, but I'd like to know how some of these names came about. I hope there's no older thread on this.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Ramona, CA and I am a quilter thus ramona-quilter.

Folks on the forum sometimes call me Ramona and that's OK. My name is Linda, but there are a bunch of Linda's here, in case you haven't noticed.;) When I first started quilting it was just for my own personal use. Then I decided to start a business. And what did I name my business?

Ramona Quilter, of course.:cool:

Hi Jeanne,

Well, to answer your question about how I picked my user name... I've had "quiltmonkey" as my user name on the Internet in other web site places, so I just used it here, too. Easy peasy for me to remember it (and the password, too). I try to keep things simple. Anyway, I don't know how I came up with the silly name of "Quiltmonkey" but let's just say I'm a silly girl that feels like sometimes she's a little monkey upstairs sewing and quilting away non-stop all the day and night. LOL! ;)

Shana

Janet:

I'm registered on the site but haven't been to the chat part yet. I'll check it out!

Is Nall on the Missouri or Kansas side?

Shana:

I have to admit, yours was one of the first I was curious about! Also, Gardenslug brings various pictures to mind.

Janet:

I'm usually a little slow on some things, but I think I have your username figured out!;)

Linda:

I used to think your name was Ramona. Tells you how well I pay attention to the signatures.

Julia:

Now that I think about it, maybe I'd rather be called by my name, like you have, than by a dog's name.

When Jeanne asked about user names the first one that came to my mind was "Quiltmonkey", Shana I'm so glad you were here to answer that one!! I chose Mary Beth because there were already Mary's here and it kept coming up that "that user name is taken". So, my middle name is Elizabeth, and my first grade teacher shortened it to Mary Beth. Then my oldest brother married a "Mary" and she was a little over weight and they didn't want to call her big Mary and me little Mary so my whole family started calling me Mary Beth. I usually go by Mary so when I am on here I have to remember to add Beth. Aren't you glad you asked?!

I have no real explanation for choosing my username! The only excuse I can come up with was that IF I had been born a boy my name would have been James Dayne! :D My Dad's name! The other name you will sometimes see me under is EveningStar. With the excuse some of my best ideas have been generated somewhere around 2:00 A.M.!:cool:

Hi!

I'm so excited!! I'm going to start a quilting business, when I figure out the ropes, so am looking for a used APQS machine in or near Portland, Oregon, and saw this. Just had to stop and tell you mine.

My name's Patty, but this system said somebody ELSE has THAT name, so please pick another one. Well, my sis's initials were KEJ before she was married, so we still call her Kej. While emailing my other sis one day we were talking about Kej, then she said she needed a similarly short name for me, so she called me Patch. Well, since what we all do is patchwork, I though it a great nickname for these boards. It was always going to be Piece to You Quilts, but now I like my nickname so much I'm thinking of incorporating that in my business name somehow. The Piece Patch? Patch's Pieces? Pieces of Patch? Oh dear ...... any ideas?

Good luck to all!!

Patty:)

Hi Patty:

Welcome! I had a cat named Patches, but that's another story (and another name!)

I saw that you had just joined. There's a wonderful bunch of people here! Glad you joined!

Personally, I kinda like The Piece Patch, but I like the others too. Does it show that I'm wishy washy? My problem is that I find things to like in just about everything. Hope someone else weighs in, so then you won't have to pay attention to my non-answer!

I'm sooo boring! It's first name, last initial, & 100 because most want letters and numbers in the user name. Same one I use everywhere and have only run across one site (webshots) that said someone else had it and to choose another so I went with 200 there! I have to use the KISS technique!

Keeping it simple....

Simple I used my name. Yes really. It's great no one ever forgets my name, except me and my boyfriend. We have each called the other by our own names Doh!

It is amazing how many places already have a Ferret so I was glad to get my name here. If not I would be ferfab, which is the short form of my business name Ferret Fabrications. For years my login was fer and my email still is so I like ferfab a lot as a name.

Ferret

Archived