Block Swap - closed as of 2:30 Alaska time

Ok so this is what I was thinking.

I so enjoyed the block swap last year and would like to do another. I understand that doodlebug is very busy and probably will not be able to host one this year, so I am willing to host this one. I am on the lookout for a sampler block project now. If you have one you would like to do please let me know. I am open to suggestions.

Here is what my idea is:

1) A sampler done in Civil War Prints.

2) 12 squares per project = 12 people.

3) If there is more interest, 12 more could be organized.

4) You will be assigned a square to complete. You will make 12 identical squares.

5) By a certain date you will mail all your finished squares to me and I will swap and send back to you.

6) You will receive 12 finished blocks.

EASY PEASY!

If you are interested in participating please email me. I will post names as I receive them. Once I find a sampler I will post pics.

My email is: aktbone@yahoo.com

We have 7 signed up and 1 maybe. We need 12 to proceed. Once we get 12, I will let you know which square you will be doing. I am figuring the due date will be late April.

Here is who I have:

Tonilyn (me)

Julie (Australia)

Leslie L.

Ann H.

Patricia W.

Bonnie H.

Marci

Vickie O.

Libby G.

Chris L. (maybe ??)

Here is the link to the sampler we will be constructing. http://www.freshlypi...ler-series.html

Estimate: each 12.5 inch (unfinished) quilt block will take the equivalent of a fat quarter to make; three yards of printed fabric and two yards of solids should be more than enough.

You will make 12 of the same square. They all do not have to be the same color. Only the light (white) must be in Kona Bone. The main fabric is to be in Cival War prints.

Please email me if you have questions. aktbone@yahoo.com

Tonilyn,

What happend, I was on the list of the 10Jan, now I am not. I am very disappointed?

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Ok we are getting close. One more if Chris does not join.

This is who I have:

Tonilyn (me) - AK

Vickie O. - FL

Julie P. - Australia

Leslie L. - Canada

Ann H. -

Patty W. - MT

Bonnie H. - CA

Marci M. - IA

Heidi P. - ID

Libby G. -

Judith W. - TX

Chris L. - (maybe)

I MUST HEAR FROM YOU BY TODAY YOUR TIME 5:00PM.

Hi Judith,

I am in a state of "oh no!" On Jan 10 & 11, I sent out an email to everyone who contacted my regarding confirmation and block choices. I heard nothing back from you, and since then have put Pam H. in your spot. (My bad.)

I do have a solution - I could add 4 more squares to the swap. There are two of us who already volunteered to construct 2 blocks. If you are willing to do 2 blocks (2 sets of 16 squares) this will work. Everyone else will just do 16 squares instead of 12.

The emails I sent you were in response to your original email to me, so I am hoping the email address was correct. Please check your email and see that you are receiving my messages. I don't want you to miss any information.

Please respond ASAP, so I can get the new squares out and let everyone else know there is now 16 squares.

Tonilyn, I volunteered to two do blocks if necessary but I didn't hear back from you on that. Are you considering me one of the two that volunteered? I am still willing, just let me know so I make sure to order enough Kona Bone. I was going to order tomorrow after you firmed up the blocks we were being assigned, or as soon as we are assigned our blocks. :)

I am sorry Judith. I have tried several different ways to get in touch with you and you have not acknowledged any of my request. The block swap list is closed.

Here is the final list:

Pam H.

Vickie O.

Julie P.

Leslie L.

Ann H.

Patty W.

Bonnie H.

Marci M.

Heidi P.

Libby G.

Lily H.