Paducah bound!

NollR

With a daughter in college and 2 more kiddos looming on the college horizon in the next few years, I'm getting to do something that I thought wouldn't happen for a long time - I'm Paducah bound!

I'm going with 2 lovely ladies who know their way around and both will have cars available. I'm going to help out some at the Pellon Legacy booth, but I'm there to enjoy and take it all in! I can't wait to see this show I've heard so much about and bring home lots of ideas and goodies for my business!

Yes, I'll miss my family but they even told me I have to go and take advantage of this opportunity!

Life is good!

I put a bus trip together when I lived about 5 hours away.  It was the best time in my quilting journey so far.  I was the host of the trip.  On the bus going home we had show and tell.  I had prizes for various things like the most unusual purchase etc.  Going to Paduccah is something every quilter should do to at least once.  Have a great time!  Mary

Me too!!! Get to see my quilt hanging in the show!! Can't wait--taking a bus with a whole lot of other crazy quilting ladies!!! Have 2 king size tshirt quilts to make and quilt and about 5 other customer quilts to finish before going....oh and don't forget the 2000 market hogs that need to be sorted and loaded with my husband....better get to bed--4:30 AM is going to come way too early for me!!!!

• 1 month later...

Well if there is one show that anyone who loves to quilt and/or sew needs to go to is Paducah! I had a great time and saw and learned alot!

I came home with lots of goodies not only for myself but also for my business. Too many great vendors to mention not only in the convention center but throught the entire town.

I also got to go to the National Quilt museum and Bryerpatch Studio and meet Caryl Bryer-Fallet-Gentry. She is a lovely lady and such a talented artist!

Our Pellon  legacy batting sold very well and was sold out by the end of the show. I also got to play on every long arm machine available ( I needed to get my long arm fix in since I wasn't home for almost 2 weeks!)

How funny that amid the thousands of people I would run into Libby G from this forum  at the show not once but twice in a few days - it was great to see a familiar face! I saw  met people from all over the world , including a gorgeous gal in full kimono regalia!

Finally the quilts were to die for - such talent and what an inspiration to us quilters!

If anyone is interested you can check out LOTS of pictures of my adventures plus pictures of quilts on my business page on Facebook. Go to Phoenix Rose Quilts and enjoy!

I'm very blessed to have been able to go and will get back there sometime in the future!

Archived