How to make cross-hatching fit your block, Part II

Solution:

1)  Cut a 2” wide strip of paper as long as the exact width of your block.  You can use newspaper, typing paper, etc.  Adding machine tape is perfect, although the type of paper used is unimportant.

2.  Fold the paper in half and then in half again as many times as necessary to make the distance between quilting lines to your liking. 

(Alternative spacing:  Fold the paper into thirds before folding it into halves.)

3.  Open out the folds; using a pencil or pen, mark the fold lines on the paper so that they are easily seen.  Photo 3

Note:  Remember that your squares / diamonds don’t have to be exactly 45 degrees or 30 degrees.  It only has to look good.  Your goal is to get the lines equally spaced and in all four corners. 

Now now I'm done!  This is a little out of order, but hopefully you'll be able to follow it.  I  still have some stuff to learn about the revamped website. 

I don't know why no Delete button is showing in my posts . . .

It used to be that one could only put one picture in at a time, and I see that has been changed here. . .

I just finished this entire quilt.  See it in the Pictures category.

I was thinking the same thing! I just draw a line from corner to corner and work out from there using the spacing I decided on. Then do the same thing going the other way. I never worried about it coming out perfect at the edges. Is it really a big deal if it doesn't?

Archived